Author Topic: (Apparently Yoshimura built?) 1971 Performance CB750 Motor Now Available.  (Read 993 times)

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
Since no one seems interested in finishing my CB750 Japauto 10-year recreation project of the Bol d'or endurance racer, (see photo of white Japauto racer) I suppose I'd better consider parting it out. Here's a serious motor if anyone is interested..

1971 Engine number CB750E-10563xx. When I received it was in an early high-dollar CB750 build (Webers, ARD, CR750 tach, Dresda swingarm with an adapted rear disk brake.) I sold off everything I had duplicates of but kept the motor. 

Yoshimura Daytona cam and associated performance valve springs and keepers.
The best ported head I've ever seen! it really is a very professional porting!
Lightened and balanced crank.
Yoshimura aluminum rods.

Please take a close look at the photos. The interior of this motor looks fresh and very clean! There is a small bit of carbon in the exhaust spigots, but that's about it. Probably from testing.

I've attached some closeup shots of parts of the motor. I'll be happy to expand on these if someone has an honest interest in acquiring this piece of historic kit. It would be perfect for a period-correct CR750.

I'll be happy to provide personal email info and phone numbers for anyone who wants to seriously discuss this motor. I prefer to not discuss it online, because I don't currently have time to waste. Duplicating this motor would be almost impossible to achieve in 2024, and certainly much more than I'm asking, but I'm out of the country soon. The motor is available separately or with the complete project. Looking for $3000 for the motor before I'm forced to put the entire project into storage until I can get back to the US.

Are you a serious builder and want to build the Japauto endurance/café racer? If so, this is a rare opportunity. Contact me. I would prefer that the buyer inspect the parts or complete project and pick it up in San Diego but I will also work with his chosen shipper. Thanks!

Ted
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:59:03 pm by Ricky_Racer »
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline Finnigan

• Enthusiast
Any chance you know if the valve springs and crank are Yoshi?

Offline johno

• Expert
from pics the valve springs are Yoshi as they they have the big base that was drilled and pinned to stop spinning, crank is always a standard crank modified, it looks as if its modified by the machining of the counter weight edge, so something has been done. I would have liked to see a better pic of the inlet port with light as in the ol days lots of people tidied up the entrance but didn't do enough behind the guide area etc

When its described as Yoshi built it would be hard to tell who built it as everyone used Yoshi parts until Russ got serious.

GRASSHOPPER SOHC HONDAS ARE THE MEANING OF LIFE.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
from pics the valve springs are Yoshi as they they have the big base that was drilled and pinned to stop spinning, crank is always a standard crank modified, it looks as if its modified by the machining of the counter weight edge, so something has been done. I would have liked to see a better pic of the inlet port with light as in the ol days lots of people tidied up the entrance but didn't do enough behind the guide area etc

When its described as Yoshi built it would be hard to tell who built it as everyone used Yoshi parts until Russ got serious.
I don't remember the bases being pinned johno....certainly remember the very stout, blackish anodized aluminum retainers and large OD springs. I'd love to see that intake and exhaust port too!
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline Finnigan

• Enthusiast
The pins were for racing, not recommended for street use as they caused more wear

Offline Finnigan

• Enthusiast
Agree, would like to see the intake porting

Offline Medyo Bastos

• Master
  • Gusto mo titi ko?
    • project

I don't remember the bases being pinned johno....certainly remember the very stout, blackish anodized aluminum retainers and large OD springs. I'd love to see that intake and exhaust port too!
Ako din

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master

Your wishes are my commands, since I'm sure that no one here is just playing wannabe or wasting your time!

Here ya go. If anyone is seriously interested, just pm me and I'll give you my landline number so we can talk.

Thanks for your interest, guys.

Ted
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 01:30:46 pm by Ricky_Racer »
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
The pinned springs might be S & W. I seem to remember a small hole when I bought my stuff circa 1976/1977.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Finnigan

• Enthusiast
As a Yoshi fanatic I'm interested but after JUST finishing one of my own not sure I can justify it.  I might come take a look this week if you're free.

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
Just bring it, Bro. I'm home all the time now.

Ted

Offline johno

• Expert
Hi Jerry,
Re springs, I don't know but I always assumed that S&W made the springs for Yoshi , I do remember they didn't supply the pins and it was a pain to get something nice when pinning.
cheers Johno
GRASSHOPPER SOHC HONDAS ARE THE MEANING OF LIFE.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
The pinned springs might be S & W. I seem to remember a small hole when I bought my stuff circa 1976/1977.
I remember the hole in the base too but no one I knew talked about pinning the base. Everything is spinning around at high RPM...the springs, the retainer with the keepers etc. "Back in the day" I was told by several fellas that knew all there was to know that a spinning retainer was a good thing. You watch videos of high RPM valve trains and it's pretty amazing everything stays together. I've been building R6 engines over the past several years and those things redline at 16,000 RPM.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
My 392 head from my 812 Pop.Y kit engine. Stainless 32mm standard Manley intake valves. Stock exhaust. S & W springs with those black retainers.

After obliterating my engine on a missed shift due to dropping a valve I bought insurance with the stainless valves and the stronger springs.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 11:01:43 am by Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
Cool, Jerry. BTW, I just had a lengthy phone conversation with serious pro motorhead on the East Coast. We're gonna work on a deal for the entire project. Cross your fingers for me!

Ted

Offline newday777

• Old Timer
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
Cool, Jerry. BTW, I just had a lengthy phone conversation with serious pro motorhead on the East Coast. We're gonna work on a deal for the entire project. Cross your fingers for me!

Ted
Awesome 👌
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
Grazie!  ;D

Offline Tracksnblades1

• My Son was a collegiate competition Trap, Skeet, and sporting Clay
  • Master

Ako din

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ako din …😁

Had to look that one up…😁
Age Quod Agis

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
 RIP Ricky Racer / Ted.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Finnigan

• Enthusiast
Wait, what?

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
 There's a post in open forums about R/R passing away.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.