Author Topic: XDA series race this weekend. Maryland International Dragway  (Read 224 times)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
We traveled north to compete in the XDA event this weekend.  I entered pro ET in hopes of qualifying my bike in the quickest 32 bikes in the class. They take the quckest 32 bikes to make up the top sportsman class. Fortunately I was able to snag the #5 spot out of the 100 bikes trying to get into the show. I only made one time run but got lucky to make an "A" to "B" pass to the tune of 7.83 @158mph, putting me in the top part of the class.  I was able to win first round with a .006 reaction time but fell asleep at the tree in 2nd round which lead to a loss and ended my day in that class. I did run dead on my dial in but didn't cross the stripe first. All in all, i was satisfied with the performance of the bike. I just need to concentrate on my consistency at the light.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
Re: XDA series race this weekend. Maryland International Dragway
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 07:26:09 pm »
You are getting younger every year Frank.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 07:45:24 pm »
You are getting younger every year Frank.

Lol. Those dang numbers keep showing my flaws. Age has definitely affected my consistency as far as reaction times.

On another note, I wish i could get  my Honda to run this quick. 🤣. Its been in need of freshening up for a few years now. 10.40s have now turned into 10.60s and .70s. I'm contemplating major changes when i tear it down this time. Thinking about low 10's if I'm lucky.😀

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 07:52:14 pm »
Old faithful needs some love Frank. What about the new bike?
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 11:11:03 pm »
Old faithful needs some love Frank. What about the new bike?

I've gotten older and lazier Jerry. I can't seem to buy enough motivation to begin working on that bike. One day, if I'm not careful,  its going to take itself apart and I'll be crying in my milk. 😪.

I haven't messed with the mono shock bike lately.  I'm still trying to get my brother to learn to ride it but having no success there. I'll give him until the end of this season and then rhe nitrous oxide bottle goes in with a mild tuneup.