Author Topic: Mosport 2024  (Read 210 times)

Offline Rocketman

• Hot Shot
Mosport 2024
« on: August 26, 2024, 04:53:12 pm »
Was fortunate to make it to Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) for the Vintage Road Race Association (VRRA) Vintage Festival.  I always enjoy racing with the VRRA as they put on a well run event and are welcoming to visiting racers.  Friday's weather was sunny and warm.  My CB550 was running well and I ran all four practice sessions.  Saturday started out sunny until heavy rain set in midway through the heat races.  It was necessary to reschedule the remaining heat races and finals to Sunday.  It rained all Sunday morning, but the forecast was dry for the afternoon. I chose not to run the wet practice and heat races.  Fortunately the weather man was correct and by the time of the finals the sun was out and the track had dried. 

My first race was Period 2 Heavyweight, a good opportunity to get ready for my natural class, P2 Middleweight.  The race winner was on a SOHC CB750 and my 550 was no match.  The race for second was between me and a 750 Ducati.  I finished 2nd in class and overall.  Period 3 Lightweight was on the track at the same time and Mark Morrow was entered on his RD400.  He runs a GoPro camera and caught a good race between the three of us.

Next up was P2 Middleweight.  Tyler Waller on Brett's CB550 ran away with the race for the win.  The fight for second was between Steve Canello's CB350, Morrow's RD400, and me.  Canello's 350 is the fastest CB350 I have ever seen!  He is #76 in the videos.  The race looked like it would come down to the last lap and I was planning on using my top speed on the back straight.  Unfortunately for Mark a carb came loose and ended his chances.  I won the battle for second place. 

My brother Mark and I.  He finished second in Period 1 200 on his Kawasaki F7.

P2 Middleweight podium:  Ty Waller - first, Martin Morrison - second, Steve Canello - third

The legend himself!  Brett Waller manning pit out. 

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Re: Mosport 2024
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2024, 06:44:28 pm »
Great video. I’ve been racing cars at Mosport since 1970 (season 55 this year) and it’s still my favorite track. Thanks for sharing! John D.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2024, 08:46:48 am »
Congrats, great write up and videos.  I've always wanted to go to that track...
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2024, 09:41:29 am »

Come crew with us anytime!

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2024, 10:04:23 am »
My good friend Brett Waller looks good in retirement....in fact all you old fellas look good. ;D Tyler is a beast on that bike....that is a fact!
Not bragging but #1 and #2 in Middleweight have JMR 550 heads....makes me feel great and lets me know it is worth the effort to back 2 good racers. ;)
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2024, 07:15:16 am »

Come crew with us anytime!

I have SCCA experience! 
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........