Author Topic: Biting off more than I can chew (1977 cb750)  (Read 150 times)

Offline Floshenbarnical

• Hot Shot
  • Money pit enjoyer
Biting off more than I can chew (1977 cb750)
« on: October 21, 2024, 01:34:27 pm »
Finally time to un-screw the cobbled-together mess of a wiring harness the previous owner put in.

It’s a horrible tangle of harbor freight crimp connections. I have many spools of wire, and many vintage connectors. I have many wiring diagrams for this bike, but because the only stock electronic unit left is the headlight, and the other lights are LEDs, most of the wiring harnesses aren’t super helpful.

The coils/ points/ ignition system is all good to go thanks to Hondaman. Sadly the rest of it needs to get done now.

I did a bad job when I disassembled the harness so about 75% of it is flagged etc, and the rest is going to be trial and error.

If I post exhaustive pictures of my equipment, etc, would any of you be willing to help me figure out the correct way to do this? I’m a little lost.i need to wire up a headlight, 4 turn signals total, and a brake light and a stop light.
"All things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

'77 CB750 SS

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Biting off more than I can chew (1977 cb750)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2024, 06:04:17 pm »
See if this helps, it’s as simple a diagram as there is.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis