Author Topic: Where to get windscreen for this fairing?  (Read 986 times)

Offline old750

• Enthusiast
  • Hippy ass bike.
Where to get windscreen for this fairing?
« on: March 20, 2007, 10:21:17 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cafe-fairing-for-Honda-Dunstal-type-race-fairing_W0QQitemZ220093741615QQcategoryZ35583QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No windscreen but this would be perfect for my bike since I would be able to keep it white. Where do I get or how do I make a new windscreen???

Superbiker_uk

Re: Where to get windscreen for this fairing?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:27:15 am »
You really need to identify the manufacturer. Your best bet for the screen is here: http://www.bikescreen.com/search.asp at Gustafsson Plastics. Try 'rickman' or 'Dunstall' in the search. It does not look like a Dunstall part though. Good luck!

Offline pae

• Enthusiast
    • Phil Edwards CB650 pages
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:58 am »
The shape of the logo above the headlight looks like a Rickman. In fact I'd say it's the same as one I recently purchased of ebay (UK) which also needs a screen - let me know if you find one. I couldn't see anything on the site recommended above that was suitable.

The one you're looking at has got a frame, I haven't and will be after some measurements/pictures if you win the item. This is my one...

regards, Phil
'79 CB650  .... | ....  XJ600 electric drag racer  .... | ....  T W M C

It takes a lot of practice to sound like yourself

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:41:00 am »
That looks like a Rickman fairing, which were supplied as genuine Honda accessories here in UK
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!