Author Topic: Tach and Speedo Faces  (Read 6928 times)

Offline hymodyne

• Expert
Re: Tach and Speedo Faces
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 01:16:35 pm »
Talked to Anubis cycles about gauge faces for my 500K1. Seems there have been a number of requests for these smaller faces. "Soon" was the response. I had them drill my front disc as well.

I'm waiting for the white competition gauges.

hym
"All things are ready if our minds be so."

Offline GroovieGhoulie

• Master
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:54 pm »
Too Tired

Thanks,  i guess that I will have to replace the tach face to match the speedo.

greg

The tach looks like a '76 SS tach, at least on mine.

Pics of my gauges, (the speedo has a bit of a ding on the case, but the faces and colors are all original [the redline IS actually orange, not red.  The bike was stored inside it's whole life, so I doubt it would have faded.  The pix make it look like faded red, but it's a vibrant orange]):

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:46:26 pm by GroovieGhoulie »

Zane

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 07:41:24 pm »
"Pics of my gauges, (the speedo has a bit of a ding on the case, but the faces and colors are all original [the redline IS actually orange, not red.  The bike was stored inside it's whole life, so I doubt it would have faded.  The pix make it look like faded red, but it's a vibrant orange]):"

I can vouch for the colour "red" on the tach being more orange than one might think.  When I opened mine, and removed the original face plate, underneath the right hand plate screw was a little bit of that original color (in excellent condition).  I did a higher resolution scan of it and then extrapolated (if that's the right word) it out to fill in the whole, faded, red line area.  There's no doubt it was an orange/red.  I decided to make it a bit more red however, so I did so.  When I redo my bike back to stock, I'll revert to as close to the original orange/red as I can (if I can't find a mint tach).  (In the picture below, of the original tach, only the circle of orange red around the screw hole was there.  The rest of it is me beginning to fool around with it when I first got into it last winter.)

For now I need to apologize for the lack of restraint in my current tach face design.  Once I got into my albeit elementary version of Photoshop, I just couldn't resist adding a bunch of stuff.  It was just so easy and so fun.  So I stuck on my name, tire pressures (I'm always forgetting those and I'm getting too old to gorb on the raised writing on the tires and rub it around to try and see the pressure) and the mid-range green and pre-red-line orange.