Author Topic: Which carbs will fit a 1981 CB650?  (Read 1781 times)

CB650Tex

Which carbs will fit a 1981 CB650?
« on: April 20, 2007, 08:42:04 pm »
A few folks have recommended that I change my current VB44A carbs for a later model so that I can move away from the pressed-in jets and move over to screw-ins (for the pilot jets, if I remember right), which makes getting those particular jets clean a whole lot easier.  Oh, and use the VB44A's as a door stop 'cos "that's all they're good for"!

I've also got a couple of other problems with my current set - light-to-moderate carb piston and bore scoring and a broken throttle cable attachment point.

On e-bay there's currently a set of carbs "from a 1982 Honda CB650 SC Nighthawk parts bike" - I've asked the seller about the part number marking and he says "the number on the side is VB44CATK".

My bike is a 1981 CB650A (wire wheels, single front disc) so my question is: will these VB44CATK's fit OK?

Offline tomkimberly

• Expert
Re: Which carbs will fit a 1981 CB650?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:18:04 am »
Look for a set of VB44B or VB44C, both of these are the later CV carbs with screw in pilot jets and the same choke and throttle cable arrangments as your existing carbs.

One more thing, make sure you replace your plug wires and caps if you have not done so already, it will make a world of difference.

Tom