Author Topic: Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines  (Read 1653 times)

Offline garretcb750

• Enthusiast
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:58:20 am »
I want to purchase SS braided lines for my 1975 cb750F with dual disk conversion. I found a guy that does it for harleys but uses 3 peices to make one hose. The Line which comes in different sizes , and 2 fittings screwed into each end of the line.

I am not sure I like this way..I would rather 1 complete line. The less connections the better.

Does any one know where I could order these in Canada. US isn't a problem but I would rather in canada... less problems with duties

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Mail List Member #162 - Call me Stan
Re: Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:50 pm »
That's the way it's done.  One line coming from the master cylinder going to a block that then two lines out, one to each caliper.  The block sometimes is also used for the hydraulic brake light switch, if a mechanical switch isn't in the perch.
Go metric, every inch of the way!

CB350F0  "Scrouching Tiger"
CT70K0    "Sneezing Poodle"

www.alexandriaseaport.org

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:08:27 pm »
Try HelUsa, they have made lines for a lot of people here and they are happy with the quality and the price.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Zane

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:39 pm »
Try HelUsa, they have made lines for a lot of people here and they are happy with the quality and the price.

I'll second the HelUSA recommendation.

Craig at HelUSA was sensitve to the duty issue, and sent my lines in a small envelope that came straight to my apartment mailbox.

As for the lines themselves, I saw a number of less expensive, stainless, braided lines out there, when I was looking.  However I was (and am) very pleased with the quality of both the lines (and fittings) and the service I received from HelUSA.  (I really liked the titanium lines they offer, but they are so dear!)

Craig was helpful and I'm in his debt for convincing me to forgo yellow lines for smoke gray.  (Hey - my 400/4 is yellow and I don't know what I was thinking when I thought that yellow brake lines would look cool.)

If you're bound and determined to find a Canadian supplier you could try these guys (who are listed on the HelUK site as being the Canadian distributor for Hel products).

http://www.beringercanada.a3w.net/

Use the UK Hel website to figure out what you want because the Canadian one doesn’t have much, and frankly, it seems poorly laid out to me.

https://sws1.eclipse.net.uk/www.h-e-l.co.uk/honda/honda.htm

Finally, if you're interested in the US Hel site, you can easily get there through the UK site.

Cheers .....

Offline chippyfive50

• Hot Shot
  • NO PEE ON TEPEE
    • thesweetimpala
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 06:52:24 pm »
I just got 2 from Craig @ HEL and the service was great, 2 36" lines 1/4" O.D with custom bent ends shipped with tax $98.
It helps to know exactly what you want, i.e. fitting sizes, lengths etc.
SOHC Member#4000
71' 500K0 #1021237--E1108327
78' 550
72' 750K2(sold to "Craig")
74' 750K4 #2306334--E2303422
73' CL175
http://gallery.sohc4.net/main.php?g2_itemId=14013

Offline Noel

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 12:07:52 am »
The lines on my 500 (GL1000 front end) were stock lines for a modern 1000RR. Think they were $60 from Ebay. Fitted right up.
'73 CB500