Author Topic: Tank badges  (Read 1277 times)

Offline rhinoracer

• Hot Shot
Tank badges
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:30:26 pm »
I was waiting in line the usual 2 hours to cross the border to San Diego CA behind a Honda Civic and dreaming of finishing my CB750 project when it struck me!

Has anybody tried using old Honda Civic or Accord car badges to replace the tank ones? From where I was they looked the right size. They are a dime a dozen in junkyards.
Baja native.

Offline physician

• Enthusiast
  • old school...
    • photo galerie
Re: Tank badges
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:10:36 pm »
i read your post and go the garage mocking up H badges on tanks i have. you'll have to remove the stocks emblems recess on the tank and stick the H with double face tape. so: no problems, but i found it looked strange..
k2 chassis k7 engine resto mod
k7 cafe/fighter/brat

Offline xtalon

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:32:21 am »
I 'briefly' considered it for my current project when looking at Honda badges/emblems on ebay, but that badge has always been associated with their automobile group, so I dropped the idea quick.  However, if I had a Honda car, I would consider putting motorcycle badges/wings on it.   ;D

--xTalon
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Yamaha R6v
2009 Ducati SportsClassic Bi-posto

Offline rhinoracer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:46:03 am »
Sorry, I meant the nameplate. The font looks to be the same, I'll stop by the junkyard and take some measurements.
Baja native.

Offline xtalon

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:12:03 am »
Sorry, I meant the nameplate. The font looks to be the same, I'll stop by the junkyard and take some measurements.

Sorry, my mistake.  I thought you meant the 'H' logo.  I don't see why the one you are pointing out wouldn't work.  Looks very similar if not the same.

--xTalon
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Yamaha R6v
2009 Ducati SportsClassic Bi-posto