Author Topic: 76 CB750 starter button  (Read 1981 times)

Midlife750

76 CB750 starter button
« on: June 21, 2005, 04:57:10 pm »
Hi,

Just bought the proper tiny pushbutton at Radio Shack to fix my missing starter button...(4 in a pack for 3.50...)  The klutz that I got the bike from, removed the factory button hacked into the harness at the neck and "wired in" a rusty old generic horn pushbutton, strapped to the handlebars. Then the moron had to add a rocker switch to "make low beams work"... I think "fixing" one problem created another...

The problem is I found three wires cut off up at the grip... Two of them are accounted for.. the yellow with red tracer is for the starter and the solid black is for the hot lead... The remaining wire is black with a red tracer. I heard this is to momentarily turn off the headlight while cranking... Is this correct, and should I wire it in with the Yellow wire? I don't feel like frying any more of the old harness. There is another empty hole just above the starter button hole... looks like it was added, but I also heard somewhere it could have been a "flash to pass" feature... please advise...

Thanks for your advice!

Regards,
    Mike

Offline oldbiker

• Expert
  • I HATE RAIN
Re: 76 CB750 starter button
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:45:08 am »
Have a look at the thread from a couple of days ago (http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=2069.0) This should clear up your problem.

Midlife750

Re: 76 CB750 starter button
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 03:42:31 am »
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I'll get it fixed up real soon now.

Cheers,
Mike