Author Topic: Best HANDLEBARS????  (Read 1322 times)

SkiLLzCb650c

Best HANDLEBARS????
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:18:57 pm »
I have a stock 81 cb650c and the bars were bent when I got it. I like the look and feel of the stock bars and want something the same or similiar. Any suggestions? I've looked around ebay and see a few but not sure what to get so I dont have to get new cables. Thanks and lets see pics if ya got em.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Best HANDLEBARS????
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:31:55 pm »
That's a nice looking bike mate! Well you can either try to order a new pair from Honda, (quite possible still, as not many riders replaced their 'bars with standard "OEM" items) or go to a bike shop and buy a pair of "after-market" accessory bars.

The bars on my CB750K1 in the pic below are a used pair i bought at a wrecking yard, apparently they came off a "Yamaharley" XV250 V twin. Cheers, Terry. :)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:46:01 pm by Terry in Australia »
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline m00ntan

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:01:47 pm »
I agree.  I don't have a problem with stock bars.

I've been looking for CB550K4 NOS bars and spent way too much time coming up blank. 

I took a bet in this place http://stores.ebay.com/VintageAvenueShop, search "handle bar".  $49 US shipped.  I won't use them for quite a while, so I can't say it works.
CB750K4
CB550K1
CM400C

Offline kpier883

• is quite the
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:06:25 pm »
Take a look of at the Flanders site.

http://www.flandersco.com/ASRC_Handlebars.html

74 CB750
80 CBX
82 KZ1000 K2 (LTD)
57 1/2 ton chevy

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:24:26 am »
You can also get after-market bars from Dennis Kirk. Their online Catalog is basically useless, but the actual paper catalog has some good drawing showing you how to measure and the actual measurements for the bars in their catalog.
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

Offline Bikebuff

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 07:23:05 am »
I'll second the online catalog for Dennis Kirk is a nightmare.  I used the paper catalog to find what I needed and then ordered online using the catalog numbers.  But I digress...

I bought an aluminum handlebar from Dennis Kirk; it's made by Renthal and it looks cherry on my 750.  Here it is:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=594465&store=Main&catId=410&productId=p594465&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Common Features -
Center Width: 7.4 in. Description: Not Dimpled or Pre-Drilled End Rise: 3 in. Pullback: 3.8 in. Rise: 2 in. Type: Flat/Dirt Track Units: Each Width: 29 in.

Click on the link and there's a picture (I couldn't copy the picture from their website).  Anyhow, they look really cool on the bike, and their a smidge narrower so it gives me greater confidence in steering (whether that's a psychological confidence or not is debateable). 

Have fun!

Offline gregimotis

• poet laureate; SOHC4.
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:11:04 am »
I got a set from D.K. as well, but don't recall the dimensions except a 1.5" rise which can be a little tiring on rides over 500m, but not a deal beaker and it looks good (I think).  The big thing though on my F1 is the length of the bars -

The brake master cylinder and brake line just barely clear the tach.  If your bars are to be below the level of your instruments, be sure and measure from the bend in the brake line to the tach housing to find the minimum bar length you can get away with.
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Offline m00ntan

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:42:46 pm »
I got my bars from Thailand today.  I was disappointed that the drilling wasn't deburred inside.   Also there were two minor scratches, like it fell out of the box in customs. I don't know yet if they are a fit.
CB750K4
CB550K1
CM400C