Author Topic: CB550 Cafe Interceptor - Gentleman's Roadster  (Read 321231 times)

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
Re: CB550 Cafe Interceptor - Gentleman's Roadster
« Reply #775 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:20 am »
I picked up a FZ6/R6 front fork to follow suit with the front end mods he did using his work as a pattern (how to) for how to implement that front end on a cb550.
I had 43mm RSU R6 forks (and the stock Yammie monobloc brakes) on my SV650. It's a really excellent front end. Worlds better than any damping rod setup, for sure.

SysCrush, you have a Birthday coming up early next month (Jan 7th)...in case I forget to wish you a Happy Birthday closer to the day, Happy Birthday!
Thanks!  ;D It was a great one.
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #776 on: February 08, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »
FYI, every few months I come back and look at this - it's so nice. I am shocked to come and see that this work was done almost 8 years ago!

I agree with you that it is amazing that it was 8 years ago.  I understand the cafe interceptor is under the knife again for some motor improvements and to address an oil (smoke?) issue.

Hey Guys. Such a great honor. Thank you. I haven’t been on the forum much lately. Been dealing with family issues. David is right though. The Interceptor needs those awesome Wiesco pistons I got from Brent. Better get cracking cause Mooshie and Dash are planning another trip to Canada. Chat later.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #777 on: February 08, 2019, 07:26:10 pm »
 Wel, if she comes up here, I hope she comes for a visit..
 Come to think of it, I have still not seen FunJimmies bike in the alloy and carbon fiber flesh..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #778 on: February 09, 2019, 02:58:09 pm »
All the more reason to get cracking, finger out to get the Cafe Interceptor back in the pink of growling sohc4 glory...she won't be as entertaining as some modern bikes but it is likely she fills a niche the other two do not. When is  Mooshie expecting to grace you with a visit.. When is Dash expecting to have his surgery finished...I know Mark has the motor and is getting things back together after the machine work. But, I do not know when your weather will break and when spring or early summer allows a road trip that won't be a wet trip.

David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2019, 07:37:46 pm »
All the more reason to get cracking, finger out to get the Cafe Interceptor back in the pink of growling sohc4 glory...she won't be as entertaining as some modern bikes but it is likely she fills a niche the other two do not. When is  Mooshie expecting to grace you with a visit.. When is Dash expecting to have his surgery finished...I know Mark has the motor and is getting things back together after the machine work. But, I do not know when your weather will break and when spring or early summer allows a road trip that won't be a wet trip.

David

Good question David. I’ll be seeing Mooshie at SPLASH in NorCal the beginning of June. That will be in sport bikes. She may make a run across the border in last summer I suspect. Will know more soon.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #780 on: February 10, 2019, 01:29:11 am »
We have had some frog stranglers in rain lately...it would be the pits to try and travel by bike in that.  Do you have a one piece rainsuit? They are suppose to be ideal for rain on a bike. MC, since you also bicycle.

I bet Mooshie is looking forward to getting Dash back together and wonder what kinds of emotions she has had seeing Dash without his motor this winter...presuming she did the motor removal and Dash is home in the garage without the motor installed.

So, sketch up that plan for the CI motor refresh rebuild and its budget ànd all the other unpleasant businesses one has to do when starting out a major project.

Have you used Honda or Vesrah gaskets in the past? I went with Vesrah on the cb550 and NE on CX500

David- back in the desert SW!