Author Topic: Hi guys, I'm Evan from Electrosport, here with my new to me 74 CB750  (Read 8464 times)

esport_evan

Re: Hi guys, I'm Evan from Electrosport, here with my new to me 74 CB750
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »
Just realized, the RR24 you're referring to is the Electrex UK part number.
That is a regulator manufactured by a different company, Electrex UK.
I work for Electrosport, which was originally started 11+ years ago as a distributor for Electrex UK in the USA.  Our regulator is a completely different unit than the RR24.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 11:32:17 pm »
Mystic,

Thanks for posting the diagram. Perfect.

Evan,

Guess I got the RR24 a few years ago  :D I knew there were "particulars" with the 2 companies and there was a division.

I am hoping to adapt the 750A field coil to the 750K/F for higher potential output. It is my assumption that the lower resistance and higher output of the 290W 750A field coil could be utilized on the 750K/F in case a higher output might be beneficial. The field coil (#9 in the diagram) is physically the same size in both the 750A and the 750K/F. The other alternator parts including the stator coils and winding sizes are identical for all intents and purposes. The 750A field coil is wound with larger wire that creates lesser resistance to produce higher output. It mounts just fine. The stock voltage regulators are the same. So far it appears the stock rectifier might be the next obstacle to overcome. This is of course in lieu of using your ESR240 (which I would personally prefer). We have already determined your ESR240 can handle the 290W output and I'm sure it has the matching female 6 pin connector that uses 5 pins. Now, the stock 750A rectifier has 2 R/W power out wires and 2 Green ground wires as opposed to 1 each in the stock 750K/F rectifier. Both have the 3 single yellow wires in from the stator coil. The wires on the 750A rectifier are heavier gauge also. These heavier gauge and double wires are presumably to handle a potentially higher output. This creates a couple potential issues: wire size and connector differences. Connectors can be overcome by simply changing them from 6 pin to 8 pin. One thing I do not know is the wire sizing in the 750A harness vs the 750K/F ?? I MIGHT expect that the 750A harness has some wires larger considering it's rectifier has larger wires?! Just because the field coil CAN create more wattage, if there isn't the full 290W demand and the regulator isn't increasing the current to the field coil the stock gauge wiring should, I would think, be able to handle the current flow. But at what point between the 210W of the K/F field coil/rectifier and the 290W of the A field coil/rectifier would larger gauge wire be necessary?? Might this be an issue using the 290W A field coil and your ESR240? It took me 2+ years to find a NOS wiring harness for my 75 750F and it's not likely I could find another one to use due to melted wiring.

This is kind of long and for that I apologize. However I do not know a better way to say hese few things and make my points very easily. Hope you can decifer what I'm attempting and asking.

Thanks,
Jerry

As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:02 am »
That color of your bike was made in 1975 and is called flake apricot red. Here is a link with serial numbers etc..Nice find.---Eric   http://100megsfree4.com/honda/h0700/four.htm