Author Topic: New Guy. Lots of questions.  (Read 1132 times)

rat

New Guy. Lots of questions.
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:16:24 pm »
hello.

I own a '74 CB750K... total ratbike. I got it in trade for a pile of parts and a little bit o' cash. It's currently in my garage for the winter, leaking oil all over my floor.

I've done some mods to it, added a GL1000 front end, and 16" rims front and back, and swapped in a 5/8" '83VT750 master cylinder. I don't plan on doing much else with it, other than continue down the ratbike/cafe path it's already on.

I have another engine in the corner of my garage, from a '76F, another frame from '78F, and enough miscellaneous parts to build another bike or two (more if you count all the CB350 bits and pieces as well).

I want to go wild with the other frame and SS engine... CBR900 wheels and front end, plus swingarm, plus a bunch of other stuff that only seems cool to me, ending up with a fighter/chopper/standard/frankenrat hybrid built from junkyard parts, with incredible brakes.

I've read every post I can on here about the swingarm swap, and I may have missed it, if I did I apologize; how much work is involved in lining up the sprockets? I assume that I'm going to need an offset drive sprocket?

How does the front end handle with the weight of the 750? How about the rear monoshock? Are there shorter shocks available?

How long is the front end compared to the stock front end?

I am all ears for any suggestions anyone may have.

Thank you.

Offline Hope

• How did I become an
  • Expert
  • SOHC member since '01
Re: New Guy. Lots of questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:23:20 pm »