Author Topic: 750 F Horror stories  (Read 1192 times)

hogsnhondas

750 F Horror stories
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
I am new to this area (brand) of motorcycle building. What kind of BS can I expect to get into with this thing - 77 CB750F?? Runs decent, but lots more customizing to do - far from over.

Offline UnCrash

• Pass
  • Master
    • My Blog
Re: 750 F Horror stories
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 01:27:33 pm »
I have no horror F stories with my 78 750F. 

Just 30 year old motorcycle horror stories  :)
You can't make too much popcorn, but you can definately eat too much popcorn.

Offline kuyarico

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »
Not sure why this thread is in the 'Bikes For Sale' section, but although the F bikes aren't (questionably) as popular as the more revered K bikes, they are solid bikes. I have a 76. The 77 - 78s had a different valve design which was meant to make more power, but often resulted in more wear. Most F owners seem to love their bikes: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=24728.0

The bigger valves on the F head were to improve breathing at higher RPM and gain some HP.  The F models have a higher red line than the K models to take advantage of this.

I can see where head work to improve flow on a K head could make it as ,or more, effective than the F head flow.

Of course, if you had the same head work done to the F head...

I guess just about everything you do to an engine yo extract more HP, also shortens it lifespan.

Cheers,

hogsnhondas

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:10:27 pm »
My apologies. I did post in wrong section. Got carried away. Thanks for the responses though - I feel a bit better.