CB650F
2 (6.7%)
CB550F
2 (6.7%)
Anything with 4 pipes
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 07, 2005, 03:14:36 am

Author Topic: Best-looking SOHC-4?  (Read 9896 times)

Offline Japbikemike

• Enthusiast
  • Race Bannon
Re: Best-looking SOHC-4?
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2006, 03:44:31 pm »
Has to be the 750 F.  The tail piece reminds me of the '70 Harley "Night train".   
Pure sex without the funny look on your face at the end.
"Whats my favorite bike?  The one I'm on Pal, the one I'm on."---Tom Dobson

cntrhub

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 10:55:09 pm »
Agrees with ElCheapo. The 1975 was the peak year for the 750 SOHC in MHO. First year of the large (cleaner/better looking) winkers. A beautiful Blue color that has yet to come back, or be matched. Dependable from front to rear. All refinements pretty much squared away. Same bike in '76, but color choice was poor.
From mid 1976 on... was a major engine change from heads, transmission parts, to a carb change in '77.
1969 came out with the individual carb adjustments, and large ugly side covers and tank. From '70 to '74 were subtle changes improving the model up to mid 1976. From there on, it's all down hill...IMO.

Offline Leino

• Not much of an
  • Expert
  • in drag racing since 2005
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2006, 01:53:57 am »
I have to say that the best looking SOHC-4 I've ever seen stands in my garage  ;D
If I just could get all the parts for the engine... :'(

Mukavaa päivänjatkoa  :D

J

Leino
I hate to break this to you but your bike (according to the photo) does not need parts it needs an engine!  That may be why you are having a hard time starting it.  Yes it is quiet but Fred Flintstone would not ride that.  What is Mukavaa päivänjatkoa.  I know!!!! It is code for " I wish I had a CB750K8! :D

You got good eyes man! I've been wondering why that thing doesn't make any sounds  ???
Mukavaa päivänjatkoa = Have a nice day!
I'm never, I repeat NEVER gonna buy a K8  ;D

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2006, 02:25:21 am »

It's not that simple Juha, people keep dumping low mileage K8's outside my house with pitiful notes like "I'm gay and don't know #$%* about CB750's, so got suckered into buying this fugly boat anchor, but my landlord won't let me keep it here as it's lowering his land values, so please give it a good home?"

What, do they think I want to ruin my investment property as well? How inconsiderate! Anyway, I pull the engine and bury the rest under construction sites late at night, for all their faults, they do make great land-fill! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Leino

• Not much of an
  • Expert
  • in drag racing since 2005
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2006, 02:56:36 am »

It's not that simple Juha, people keep dumping low mileage K8's outside my house with pitiful notes like "I'm gay and don't know #$%* about CB750's, so got suckered into buying this fugly boat anchor, but my landlord won't let me keep it here as it's lowering his land values, so please give it a good home?"

What, do they think I want to ruin my investment property as well? How inconsiderate! Anyway, I pull the engine and bury the rest under construction sites late at night, for all their faults, they do make great land-fill! Cheers, Terry. ;D

That's what I said Terry, I'm never gonna buy one  ;D