Author Topic: Help needed from anyone with a 750 K0 (Terry, 736cc, etc)  (Read 1166 times)

Offline CrisPDuk

• Christ on a bike! Me, an
  • Expert
  • Oh happy day! 3rd December 2005
Help needed from anyone with a 750 K0 (Terry, 736cc, etc)
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:09:06 am »
My project 550 is getting a slightly modified K0 tank (don't worry it's not a wrinkle one) as part of it's makeover. With a bit of cutting and trimming of the pegs and rubbers the front end fits fine, but I need a photograph of the stock K0 mounting arrangement at the rear to give me some clues on how to proceed in that area.

Can anyone oblige?
Education: Elitist activity. Cost ineffective. Unpopular with Grey Suits. Now largely replaced by Training."

1978 CB550 K3
1985 H100S

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Help needed from anyone with a 750 K0 (Terry, 736cc, etc)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 03:18:00 am »
My project 550 is getting a slightly modified K0 tank (don't worry it's not a wrinkle one) as part of it's makeover. With a bit of cutting and trimming of the pegs and rubbers the front end fits fine, but I need a photograph of the stock K0 mounting arrangement at the rear to give me some clues on how to proceed in that area.

Can anyone oblige?

G'Day Crispy, no worries mate, I'll take a pic in the morning for you. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 04:58:42 am »
Here you go mate, as you can see there's a bracket welded onto the frame with two prominent "hooks":

The technical term for this item, is "rubber donger".

You carefully slide the rubber donger over the hooky things, like so:

Then you can slide the "tongue" of the tank into the recess at the top of the "rubber donger", and it's secure!

Merry Christmas Crispy! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline CrisPDuk

• Christ on a bike! Me, an
  • Expert
  • Oh happy day! 3rd December 2005
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:08:40 am »
Cheers Terry 8)

It's basically the same arrangement as the 550 just with a differently located and shaped rubber donger.  Looks like there's going to be yet another addition to the David Silver shopping list ::)

Merry Christmas ;D ;D ;D

Education: Elitist activity. Cost ineffective. Unpopular with Grey Suits. Now largely replaced by Training."

1978 CB550 K3
1985 H100S