Author Topic: cb750 trike  (Read 7427 times)

Offline bert96

• past ride
  • Expert
QA50 1969,ST-90 1974,mb5 1982,rz350 1983,shadow 1100 1985,vf1000f 1985,BMW K1 1990,shadow tourer 1100 2001,vfr 750 1994,vtr250 199?

troppo

Re: cb750 trike
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:07:07 pm »
MY GOD
that has got to be one of the lee brothers, UG LEE or HOME LEE

Offline olds-cool

• Choppa Guy
  • Hot Shot
  • Choppa
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:20 pm »
Not the prettiest thing I've ever seen but very creative and I love the fact that it's not something you'd see every day.  I think if he changed the front plastic, in the middle, and made it flow back into the bike it would be much better.  I'd also get rid of the 2 up seat and go with a cafe or sport bike tail.  That's just my opinion though.

Offline sparty

• I just play one on TV
  • Master
  • My engine is 100% stock... wink.
    • Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:10:02 pm »
Oh my eyes!  My eyes!

Nice engine, poor decision.

Sparty
1972 CB750 K2 Cafe' Style

GO AWAY SNOW AND COLD!  Can you see the Hot Rod wants to run...
“That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.”

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 04:47:14 am »
I don't know... I've ridden the Can-Am Spyder and that is pretty fun ride. I've got to imagine that this one won't be nearly as sophisticated, but along the same idea.

I think he brought the front end out too far and that center plastic piece had got to go. I would have to see it in person to praise or trash it any further.

I like the concept, though.
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

Offline DarkRider

• Nomad.or Drifter...Def not a
  • Old Timer
  • Lone Wolf.....Among the herd of sport bikers...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 04:47:43 am »
Not the prettiest thing I've ever seen but very creative and I love the fact that it's not something you'd see every day.  I think if he changed the front plastic, in the middle, and made it flow back into the bike it would be much better.  I'd also get rid of the 2 up seat and go with a cafe or sport bike tail.  That's just my opinion though.

The fenders should be changed as well..if he had the skill to build it i cant see why he couldnt have taken the time to make a more sutable front end from fiberglass..hell thats one time a full vetter windjammer would have worked very well to form the front of that machine..
'84 Chevy C10
'73 MGB Roadster
'69 Ford F250

Currently a rider without a bike

Quote from: heffay
so, you say just tie myself on with this... and steer w/ this?   ;D ;D  ok.  where's my goggles?   8)

Offline droopy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 05:13:40 am »
The fenders should be changed as well..if he had the skill to build it i cant see why he couldnt have taken the time to make a more sutable front end from fiberglass..hell thats one time a full vetter windjammer would have worked very well to form the front of that machine..
+1
That would help this bike alot
2007 lifan 200cc sport ohc thumper

Offline Magpie

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:56:47 am »
Here's a nicer one built by/for Stumpy.

Offline ekim98

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 10:55:10 am »
Looks to me like he saw something in a popular science magazine and tried to copy it and got in over his head. Either way he wasted a good Honda doing it. :( Hopefully someone with some good sense will get it cheap and fix his mistake. :) Can't even give him credit for a different idea, because it turn out so fugly. Trying to be different isn't always a good idea.
Patriot Guard Rider - KY. Ride with Respect

78 750k  cafe bike sort of
67 305  Superhawk (working project)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:09:27 am »
I don't know... I've ridden the Can-Am Spyder and that is pretty fun ride. I've got to imagine that this one won't be nearly as sophisticated, but along the same idea.

I think he brought the front end out too far and that center plastic piece had got to go. I would have to see it in person to praise or trash it any further.

I like the concept, though.

+1
That would help this bike alot
[/quote]

First off, the "Reverse Style" 3-wheeler has an awkward  look to me (and others, I'm sure). That being said, I agree with those I've quoted, I feel that some better thought on the front end bodywork, would help the LOOK immensely. I'm not much for the reversed 3-wheeler lok but, feel that credit is deserved for effort. Just wish MORE of the EFFORT was used on the bodywork. BTW, I've got a 79' CB750K that has had a rear atv setup put on it and I'm not so sure about keeping that one as is. It wasn't dressed up though and soon as I can get pictures, I'll post them. Be forewarned  though, it's NOT pretty. ::)

Later on, Bill :) ;)   
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!