Poll

What?  you thought you were gonna get to push a button?  here, push one of these  ;)

Spikeybike
18 (58.1%)
or Spikeybike
13 (41.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: February 29, 2008, 07:16:05 am

Author Topic: March 2008 SOHCFOUR of the month!  (Read 9878 times)

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
March 2008 SOHCFOUR of the month!
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:16:05 am »
After Spike's terrible tragedy... I asked the guys and they agree...

This is the month that the SOHC4 clan will forever remember the spikeybike the way she always was.  If you've missed it, the spiked-one went up in flames a few days ago and has also been in the SOHC4 of the month contest for the the last 4 months straight.  It is spike's month to be recognized for his amazing build.  So sorry to hear about the loss but, don't worry... she earned another stripe (spot) after that one  ;) :D  with all the generous donations from the site, i hope spikeybike will live again to wail the tale.

The remaining contestants for this month will be moved to next month with no added entries.

Congrats Spikeybike!  you're IT for Feb. 08!

Spikeybike:

and... the new and improved version... previous to the fire

and, after the fire... in fact, i see some color under there, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.  good luck on the rebuild spike!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:17:54 am by heffay »
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline UnCrash

• Pass
  • Master
    • My Blog
Re: March 2008 SOHCFOUR of the month!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:24:06 am »
Yay Spikeybike!

I look forward to the day when it arises from the ashes...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 08:26:06 am by UnCrash »
You can't make too much popcorn, but you can definately eat too much popcorn.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:25:44 am »
It was a crying shame to see that work destroyed that way. Well the next will be better!!!
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:41:34 am »
i dont know what to say . . . . . . . i all choked up right now . . . . .
thank you heff , and a huge thank you to all who donated parts. . .

i had already assumed i was out of the race , but i actually won !

that decides it i'm getting a SOHC4 tattoo

you guys f**cking ROCK . that just made my day

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:29:55 pm »
first i have heard of the fire.damn sorry to hear and see it.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »
I was going to vote for it anyway ;)

Offline flipprboi

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:44:25 pm »
Finally spikeybike won. Congrats spikey! I'm sorry to hear what happened though. I was wondering if once the spikeybike's is all done and road worthy, and let say spikey decided to somewhat change the look, is it still entitled to run for BOTM again? it'll be so kool if it won twice. Good Luck spikey! i'll be keeping an eye on your project thread.

-benjie

Offline mikedialect

• cbjunky
  • Expert
    • Mike's Metric Vintage Honda
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:13:00 pm »
I KNEW that bike was hot!

Even in the bad there is good. Congrats and good luck. Now you have a chance to get it exactly the way you want it :) :)
SOHC4 Member#44153  
www.mikesmetric.com | www.mikedialect.com

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:37:37 am »
I was wondering if once the spikeybike's is all done and road worthy, and let say spikey decided to somewhat change the look, is it still entitled to run for BOTM again?

um... i thought the rules stated "once a year" but they do not.
i think we may have decided that if a bike won, it was not necessary for it to win again, thus, giving others a chance.
perhaps we should consider the rule that if a bike goes thru major changes since it won, it may be included again.  but what is major?  unrecognizable cosmetically as the last rendition?  will take some thought and consideration.  lets not turn this thread into that though... congrats to spikeybike!

i also noticed that in december i was supposed to setup BIKE OF THE YEAR rather than OF THE MONTH, which i did not.   :-\

sometime soon... i'll set up a bike of the year for each year that we've completed so far.  you'll be able to select from each winner in that particular year. 

once more... spikeybike... great build, great fireworks show, again, AGAIN!!!   ;D
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline UnCrash

• Pass
  • Master
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:15:17 am »
perhaps we should consider the rule that if a bike goes thru major changes since it won, it may be included again.

I think that if a bike has been on fire, and as a result has major functional and cosmetic changes done, it should be eligible for re-nomination.
You can't make too much popcorn, but you can definately eat too much popcorn.

Offline WJL75

• Hot Shot
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:03 am »
Sorry to hear about the bike, but congratulations on the win nonetheless.  I too will be following the rebuild thread and look forward to what you come up with.
wjl75

1976 CB550K Cafe

Offline blackhog02

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 04:54:06 pm »
Congrats spikey sorry about your loss. 

Don't know if anyone noticed in the pics of my bike for BOTM that there is a fire extinguisher in the background.  I was restoring a bike for a friend and when I went to start it for the first time gas was going everywhere.  I shut the bike down and fixed the leak but when I told my friend the story he asked me if I had a fire extinguisher which I did not.  A few days later this package shows up in the mail and guess what I now have and keep very handy in my garage and put it next to any bike when I am starting it up for the first time.   I think it is one tool that all of us should have handy in the work shop with these old leakey multi carb bikes. 

Offline Stert

• Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 06:07:42 pm »
is it bad that i like the looks of the bike better after the fire? i guess you could say that i am not a fan of the leopard print

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 09:24:52 pm »
is it bad that i like the looks of the bike better after the fire? i guess you could say that i am not a fan of the leopard print

wow , you must get lots a friends with that attitude. ... perhaps it would please you more if it had a checkerboard pinstripe, and big spade, ..
or maybe i should have raked and stretched it and put a peanut gas tank on it

now post a pic of your bike, so i can tell you all the things i didnt like about it

this sh1t gets old man, .... the thing that gets me is that people are always so fu#%ing rude about it, .... other bikes you might say "not my thing" or "to each his own" blablabla .... but you see something totally differant you just scoff like its just a joke, ..........

so where's those pics brother, i put my a$$ in the grill cause i can take the heat. what about you   
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:26:33 pm by spikeybike »

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »
oh gawd... that was hilarious.

i was going to but i knew you could do it better!!!!!   :D 8) :D

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:39 pm »
 ;D

Offline Stert

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 03:09:29 am »

wow , you must get lots a friends with that attitude. ... perhaps it would please you more if it had a checkerboard pinstripe, and big spade, ..
or maybe i should have raked and stretched it and put a peanut gas tank on it

now post a pic of your bike, so i can tell you all the things i didnt like about it

this sh1t gets old man, .... the thing that gets me is that people are always so fu#%ing rude about it, .... other bikes you might say "not my thing" or "to each his own" blablabla .... but you see something totally differant you just scoff like its just a joke, ..........

so where's those pics brother, i put my a$$ in the grill cause i can take the heat. what about you   

whats that about making friends? i dont like leopard print so i dont have friends? i dont follow.

...just because i am not a fan of leopard print on a bike (or on anything for that matter) doesnt mean i want a bike made by carpy or by occ lol.

i dont mean to offend you. granted i did not use much tact in my post but it was not that mean either. but for someone who "puts his a$$ in the grill cause he can take the heat," you dont take the "heat" very well.

again not to be rude, but if your going to be "totally different" and put something as, in my opinion and by the sounds of it some other people who have made comments about your bike, tacky and gaudy as leopard pring on your bike then you have to know that some of those comments are going to be coming your way.

here is a picture of my bike:

its just a plain bike. say what you will about it and i will not feel the need to cry about it and say how many friends you must have because of your opinion of my bike.

*it took forever for me to reply because i have not checked the boards for a little while

Offline Stert

• Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 03:51:36 am »
i am really not trying to insult anyone or make enemies. i wish my bike was half as clean as yours is.

i am not (or regretably was not) a fan of the print. i am sorry your bike burnt and i did not mean to make light of it.

if i may ask, what made you go with that leopard print?

kaitlyn22

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 03:53:29 pm »
No offense, but I understand where Stert is coming from. Lepord print is just girlie. I love it, but I'm a girl. I've just never seen a man into it. But I think you're getting a little too intense about it, he was just making a comment.

Offline Jeff

• Hot Shot
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 08:28:09 pm »
You know, I'm not a fan of leopard print on any of MY bikes either. But that's spikey's bike. If he digs it, great. If you can't look past a little bit of print to see all the cool stuff he did to it, then you need to open your eyes and look a bit more in depth. Hell just look at the work on the tank!

To say you like his bike better AFTER it was burned up, IMO, announces to the whole board that you're an ass.

Jeff

PS. I don't mean to offend you by calling you an ass. It's just a comment.  ::)

Offline Stert

• Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 08:48:27 pm »
it was a sarcastic remark about how i disliked the print. he can like whatever he wants and that is fine. but if you are posting pictures of it on the internet and ESPECIALLY in the bike of the month section then expect opinions to expressed.

and if i remember right, he did not do the work to that tank, but i could be wrong....correct me if i am.

Offline Jeff

• Hot Shot
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 09:12:19 pm »
There's a ton of work going on in this tank, and I recall reading the posts about spikey doing the work.

You have to remember that voice inflection and body language is not present on the 'net. The closest thing available are emoticons. So if you're being sarcastic, pick an appropriate smiley. To come out of nowhere and say, "is it bad that i like the looks of the bike better after the fire? " without any kind of clue that you're being a smarty pants just makes you sound mean spirited, which isn't needed after a guy's hard work has just gone up in flames.

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 09:13:52 pm by Jeff »

Offline Stert

• Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 11:00:45 am »
oh no, i 100% agree. i am not at all glad that the guys bike burnt up! i tried to explain myself since that post that was taken the wrong way.

im not interested in arguing this any further and i will just go back to reading and learning.

thanks

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 11:26:28 am »
my problem was the way you said it, it doesn't bother me that you don't like it , it was just rude the way you stated it. now that you clarified what you meant. i wasn't really that offended, i was just returning harsh comments with harsh comments

No offense, but I understand where Stert is coming from. Lepord print is just girlie. I love it, but I'm a girl. I've just never seen a man into it. But I think you're getting a little too intense about it, he was just making a comment.
this one i hear allot, and to be honest i don't get why a vicious carnivorous predator is girly, if the toughest tough guy came face to face with a leopard they would pee there pants just like me or anyone else

no hard feelings Stert, just think about what your trying to say, before you post . I'm a pretty easy going guy, but my bike is a touchy subject after the fire(well negative input anyway)

i put many hours in that tank buy the way, the thread is round two in my signature

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 11:28:29 am »
nice bike by the way