Author Topic: I did It Pics of my Racer and Chopper  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
I did It Pics of my Racer and Chopper
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:57:53 pm »
I hated it when they changed to this new sight, so after what,,, 3 years i finally learned how to post pics. I'm now stoked with it.

OK so some folks wanted me to post some pics of my Bike.
I only have one at the moment, have more but they are on my old HD and it is in a box waiting to be unpacked.

So the racer is a 75F , i have had that bike foreeeevvvver bought it when i was a teens. The pic is old and before i finished rebuilding it  THE LAST TIME. So be kind.
The rims are Morris (there is only one on in the pic).

The Pipe is a one-off that Me and My Dad made, the can is Super Trap.

The clutch cover is carbon fiber, Now i have have a matching carbon points cover on it as well. Made all that.
The clutch is barnett Carbon Fiber.

The fronted is Stock 75F with a Daytona fork-brace that is also the mount for the sliver Aluminum front fender that i found in a bunch of parts i bought way back in 95.
The front end has Progressive springs with a 1in PVC plug  for Damping (the hills in SF are extream)

The bars are telefix clip ons, the headlight is stock F, the headlight bracket is vintage Bates.

The Brakes are stock AT THE MOMENT, with SS goodwrench braided brake lines, I use OEM pads.

The tank fiberglass, i made it, i stole the design from pics i took at Sears Point in 92 of a BSA Cafe racer.

The seat is from Storz Performance, it is for a HD sportster, it has been modified to fit the CB frame using rivits and plate aluminum for the pan.
It attaches to frame in the coolest way and attaches to the gas tank as well. I'll post pics as soon as i start to finish THIS REBUILD,  5 time i think. (this bike has had 3 diffrent gas tanks and 5 diffrent seats on it in the time i have owned it i could go on forever).

The Motor is a RC In house built, ha the stamp on the colling fin and all. I have never looked inside this motor it was like new when i bought it in 96.
I have a RC900 Motor i bought then as well, that has golden rods and the whole Fing package that will be in the bike someday soon. yes i will post pics when i brake the motor down for inspection.

There is no starter motor, that area is now home to my handmade with the help of Brigs and Stratton crank breather filter  that hides under a carbon fiber cover.

The rear brakes are 78F with the same SS lines. The swing arm is a F2 sohc FOR NOW, i have a CBR F1 swing arm going on during this rebuild using twin shocks not the Mono.

The shocks are stock.

I use a Gel Battory that is under the hump on the seat in the back.

The electrics, well i use as little as possable, i rebuilt the whole thing, dumped the stock panel and battery box, put all the electric hidden under the front part of the seat pan and the frame (not connected to the seat-pan, you need to see it).

The frame is also modified, I'll have to show you pics latter.

Closing comment, this bike will hold in a corner with a Duc any day. IF you ever see a Daytona fork-brace BY IT. They only made them for the F and they are hard to find. That with the simple frame mods and the clip ons makes this a whole different world.

The other pics are of my Chopper.
I'll get into that latter.

OK Guy thank you for your interest and I'll be updating you with pics as i have progress.

Good luck G. Mountain

Yep, i have issues with this sort of stuff.

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
Re: I did It Pics of my Racer and Chopper
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:21:59 pm »
Nice work!  I really like the chop.  A very industrial, no-frills look that I've always appreciated.

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:22:28 pm »
One more thing the rearsets are CBR F2

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:22:47 pm »
Well done Greg, I knew you would do it after messing my head up with all those tests ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can't wait to see the finished bike.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:25:51 pm »
Thanks man! i do love that look my self.
The tank is bare metal with POR 15 Clear on it.
I tried powder coating and all kinds of clear they all rusted, Then i found POR.
6 years and no rust.

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 06:27:35 pm »
What kind of exhaust do you have in mind for it?

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 06:33:21 pm »
Going to use the same pipe and can, the only thing i will change is ithe finish, I'm going to have it ceramic coated.
Sanderson Headers will do it inside and out for 100.

Cant argue with that price.

fuzzybutt

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:58:55 pm »
every time i think i want to just part out my 75 750f i see something like yours and i change my mind.

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 07:42:10 pm »
Gordon
O are you asking about the Pipe on the chopper?
Well on that i'm going to use a MAC 4 into 1, cut it down and weld it to New single Santi Fish Tail, i have all the parts just need to put it together.
I think it will be Sweet.

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
Wow very nice Greg on both bike! Love the profile of the racer and as Gordon said very cool looking chopper!! Very nice..I especially appreciated all your info that you detailed - very helpful.

Now I have a question about the POR 15 Clear with the bare tank...how did you do it? Strip, sand? polish (with what?) then clear? Is it out of a rattle can? Reason I ask is I have a spare K2 tank that would look good on my own cafe bike (see avatar) if it was minimalist....

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Andy
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 08:07:14 pm »
The POR pis a 2 part clear, you can brush it on after thinning it with Xylenol but it still looks a little rough.

All i did was go at my tank with an angle grinder with a sanding disk, i think i used a worn out 60g, don't use a new one. If you can sand blast the tank then go at it.
It left a nice finish.
Then i cleaned the tank with the POR Prep that they sell and used a cheep air brush to spray it on. Doing one light coat fallowed by a last light coat. The Co. told me that the clear will keep hardening for up to 3 days after application.
The POR $$ 30, air brush with compressor $75
I use the air brush all the time for other motorcycle stuff, using POR paint, it is better than powder coat in my opinion.
Check it out.
http://www.por15.com/products.asp?dept=6
I would call them and ask if there is someone in your area who sells it, save you on shipping.

If you have more questions let me know, i use there products allot.
Good luck

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 08:17:54 pm »

I think you're trouble
Dude- your 8 layers are showing!

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 04:58:56 am »
Hey Grey again great info! Thank you very much!

Much appreciated,
cheers
Andy
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline JLeather

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 06:53:11 am »
Hey man,
  You oughta check out www.HondaChopper.com as well.  There's a lot of good chopper builders over there.  Stop by sometime...

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:35 am »
greg,how do you like the sound of that trapp,thinking about putting one on my 750?thanks
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Cvillechopper

• Is just pretending to be an
  • Expert
  • If not for my failures I'd never know my limits
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 11:12:25 am »
VERY nice!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.  Aristotle

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 06:38:17 pm »
Hay Duster, I love it, it sounds great, it makes it a little easier to tune the carbs when you have Pods.
I ran a MAC, Vance and Hines, Micron, and Yosh cans, this is the only one i could feel the performance enhancement, not to mention that the can i have is 1/2 the weight of the others and the small profile just works for me.

Good luck let me know if you have any more question.

There are 2 different cans get the smaller one, i measure mine  and post it latter.

Offline stay youth

• Hot Shot
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 07:58:08 pm »
Do you work near howard street and 8th? I saw this bike there on my way home from work. I work at the signshop on 9th and live at minna and 8th. Super rad bike, I was checking it our for awhile.
1976 cb400f

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 08:44:04 pm »
Ya that is me, i do freelance work for Stanlee Gatti, i build props, mechanical equipment, and allot of other shlit for his events.

You ride a CB.

Offline stay youth

• Hot Shot
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 08:57:44 pm »
Thats cool. I always see those black trucks lining the street. Do you live in the SOMA area.

Check out m y bike
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=31043.0
1976 cb400f

spud

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 04:22:35 pm »
MINT !!!! RESPECT DUE !!!!

;) ;) 8)

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 12:23:08 am »
No, i lived on Bush between Hide and Leavenworth for a long time. Me and My girlfriend just moved into a House at the bottom of Bernal. I had to do it, i own way to many tools and motorcycles to live an apartment, having a garage is Key.

Looks like you have some space to work on your bike, nice bike when did you get it. Did you get it in SF.

Offline stay youth

• Hot Shot
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 12:53:23 am »
Yeah I'm really fortunate to have a nice garage to work in. My current bike is a combination of a 75 and 76. One I got in Santa Cruz and the other in Daly City.

You should check out this board
http://www.bayareavintageriders.com/index.php?sid=383a0646632136f89b2d084d02bfdc74

Some cool local vintage motorcycle stuff.

I'm in the process of fixing up my front end. I hope to have it up and running soon

See ya
1976 cb400f

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 11:05:16 am »
O ya i met the guy who started the sight in Oakland last year, cool sight.

Hear is My Ema if you ever need some welding or help with fab work on your proj lets hook up.

Gregory N. Mountain
mountaingregory@yahoo.com

Offline Cyclone

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 11:48:41 am »
Greg,
Nice looking bikes. Like to see them in person sometime, if youre ever in the Wine country let me know, I'm in Sonoma. You should ride one of them to the hondachopper.com event in Auburn, July26-27.http://hondachopper.yuku.com/topic/4834
Tony
A couple of mine

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well"
..Jack London

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:14 pm »
Yaaaaa Man I would Love to.

Don't have many bike builder Friends around the bay any more.

I would love to check out the Honda chopper event.
I will see what i can do.

What swingarm is that on the drag bike , nice strut i would have to even say that is the best solution i have run across for converting a swing arm to a hard tail

Nice bikes man.

Offline Cyclone

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 04:15:12 pm »
Greg,
Honda CR480 swingarm upside down, there is a solid strut underneath like Softail, upper strut for seat/fender mount. Got a half assed shop here, your welcome to come chk it out. There is a group riding to Auburn from Northbay, call me if can.
seven o seven three one eight two six six nine
Tony
"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well"
..Jack London

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 05:56:15 am »
Sounds good i'll see if i can get my cafe running by then. The Chopper will be on hold tell next year.

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 06:44:20 am »
How the heck can you guys afford to live there?

I lived in SF for 25 years, but finally couldn't take it anymore.  I sure do miss it.

Is Magri still in business?

Need close-ups of that drag bike, please.

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:37 pm »
Well sir me and my gal work our azzes off, but we love it. Don't know how long we will stay in SF but we will for as long as we can. I'll say this the economy is still going strong hear,,,, for now.

Magri, Yep they are still there, haven't changed one bit. I almost rented a shop space right next to it. Don't know how long they will last there. The city is redeveloping that whole area below Petrero down to 3rd. It will be Big Bizz and condos with wine bars before to long. I don't like that much. They are riping down some of the last work space in the city.
It is the last industrial area in SF.

I'll try and get more pics of the Bike up soon as i find time.
I'll drop you a note.

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »
If you ever go by Farleys, wave for me.  That place was practically my office before I left.  Best mocha in the world (IMO).

On the other hand- you couldn't lease a parking space for what my mortgage is- including a 2 car garage all to myself.  Park anywhere in this stinky burg.

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 06:04:03 am »
Hell i go there 3 mornings a week for my coffee, Love that place.
Mmmmm Parking.
Me and my gal live off of silver on the other side of the freeway by the alemany flee market. We just moved into a 1 bedroom 2 level with a shop and office, we are paying 1,600 which is soooooo cheep for this city. I'm working on getting my own bizz started and having a live work situation is the only way to do it. I was looking at shop space in Bay View Hunters Point and a 1000sf Shack without 240v only 120v was 2,400, and you would need to pack a gun while you are working. We thought about moving south Austen, or Atlanta where it is cheep and we have friends who once lived in SF, but the money is not out there, and my lady is Asian and Loves being around home. All the white folks make her nervous with the exception of me and the other white folks in SF. We had a few odd encounter in TX one ended in Lynn yelling, #$%* you ass hole I was Born In California, which i don't think is considered part of the USA in TX.
So hi rent or not we are going to make a go of it hear.
Did you ever run in the Motomaylay

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:27 am »
The only organized (if you can call it that) run I went on was the Easter moring ride up to the top of Mt Tam.  Every year.  Wouldn't miss it.  Amazing how bit it got. Running throught the City with the streets all to yourself as you slowly hear bikes numbers increasing, small groups merging into bigger groups, then the roar of mostly Brit bikes through the tunnel going to Sausalito and Marin- it was like sittin IN a pipe oragn while Bach himself played.  Awesome in the true sense of the word.  Going up the mountain and looking back to see a long trail of lights...
Beemer guys were popular because folks would use the jugs to warm their hands at the top.  Forgot the name of that guy who brought his whole family up in his hime-made sidecar, Paul D'Orleans and his crowd on really old Brit bikes- he usually had a nice Velo.  Can't imagine anything else like it.

I can understand your GFs thinking and fears.  Huge Asian and Fillipino population around you that just isn't in the Souteast at all.  (Texas is it's own country and shouldn't really be compared to the rest of the USA, although folks in Houston like to pretend they're the "South"- they're really not and that drives them nuts)

I first moved to Charlotte and the next 2 years were quite a "challenge" as culture shock hit me upside the head viciously.  But, I was there to learn- and I did.  I also met my wife and dog there.  As much as I love SF- how could I move back?
So- Asheville is a decent compromise.  Very different, and I wouldn't recommend it to everyone.   We do need a good, full time, versatile mechanic to open shop here.  If you know anyone with any real business sense, send 'em over.

twisted bastard

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 04:37:52 pm »
Great vision........... love the chopper! love the metal finished look.