Author Topic: "INSPIRATION GALLERY "  (Read 2229244 times)

Offline Anti-Johnny

• 75 cb750k
  • Hot Shot
  • Poser
Re: "INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #7000 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:31 pm »
Looks almost steampunkish...  Kinda like it.

dieselpunk... much cooler. its like steampunk but with smoke and dirt and oil
www.southaustinmotorcycles.com
 Come by and wrench and have a cold one while enjoying the wide array of rides and riders in Austin!

music

Offline fastbroshi

• Puppet
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7001 on: May 11, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »
I would like it better if it said cylone on the seat and swingarm and had some glitter and maybe some leather fringe? also neon lighting would help. maybe some leds inside the brake drum. I also think there should be some speed holes in the header.

Haha, your sarcasm is not lost on me sir!
Just call me Timmaaaaay!!!

Offline Old75_ratafe

• CB750 Cave Spelunking
  • Expert
  • 1975 CB750K
« Reply #7002 on: May 12, 2011, 02:10:46 am »
Looks almost steampunkish...  Kinda like it.

dieselpunk... much cooler. its like steampunk but with smoke and dirt and oil

There ya go AJ
1975 CB750K
Project Back in Black

Sent from my Texas Instruments TI99/4A Computer

Offline B.O.X.N.I.F.E.

• The Stumped
  • Expert
« Reply #7003 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:34 pm »
1974 CB550

32 days and 5,536 miles on a CB550...

http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com/

and a couple years later, 38 days and 9,102 miles...

Forever West

... and all of it in a 4 mintue video

<a href="Not a valid vimeo URL">WWYY?[/url]

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
    • My 550 walk around video
« Reply #7004 on: May 13, 2011, 06:00:44 pm »

this i find very inspiring. by that i mean inspires me to throw down my tools because i know i can never come anywhere as close to perfection as this thing of beauty.  ;D

i kid... i don't have any tools.
1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

A WORTHY EFFORT: http://www.honorflight.org.

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
« Reply #7005 on: May 13, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »
Very cool.
Did you notice the wife get in the last word......

Offline Free Booter

• My Build: CB750k5
  • Hot Shot
  • Meh.
« Reply #7006 on: May 13, 2011, 06:31:46 pm »

Offline ozcaferacer

• It'll be sweet .... when I'm done!
« Reply #7007 on: May 13, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »
There is absolutely no denying that Ian Barry simply has "It".
"It" being an amalgam of design flair, real world practicality, engineering prowess and artisan mentality.
And 110% credit to him and his band of helpers.

But it is somewhat marred by the fact that, according to Ms. Amaryllis "I'll have the last word" Knight, it took 6 guys over a years to build. That's 6 guys x 40 hours/week x ~60 weeks!!
So let's be generous and say somewhere >14,000 hours!! Even at around $25/hr that's $350,000 + a Vincent Black Shadow motor.

There are a truckload of bikes you guys are knocking out that would stand proud next that Falcon if value for dollar and quality of work were taken into account.

But yes, if my bucket of money was bottomless I would love to have it as another choice of bikes to ride.
I'd be even happier if I had his sense of design.

this i find very inspiring. by that i mean inspires me to throw down my tools because i know i can never come anywhere as close to perfection as this thing of beauty.  ;D

It's cheaper to learn from someone else's experience but first you have to learn to tell the difference between a fact and a Furphy.

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #7008 on: May 14, 2011, 05:55:52 am »
"It" being an amalgam of design flair, real world practicality, engineering prowess and artisan mentality.

But it is somewhat marred by the fact that, according to Ms. Amaryllis "I'll have the last word" Knight, it took 6 guys over a years to build. That's 6 guys x 40 hours/week x ~60 weeks!!
So let's be generous and say somewhere >14,000 hours!! Even at around $25/hr that's $350,000 + a Vincent Black Shadow motor.

There are a truckload of bikes you guys are knocking out that would stand proud next that Falcon if value for dollar and quality of work were taken into account.

But yes, if my bucket of money was bottomless I would love to have it as another choice of bikes to ride.

Very well said.. I could not agree more..

.: Scott :.
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #7009 on: May 14, 2011, 06:23:24 am »

+1 ozcaferacer.  With a hand picked crew of 5, a year to build, and even 1/2 that budget, there are alot of Ian Berrys on this forum.

Besides, if I was going to build something with a Vincent, think I'd do a radical chopper. ;) :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:25:08 am by Tintop »
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline B.O.X.N.I.F.E.

• The Stumped
  • Expert
« Reply #7010 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:28 pm »
smac wheels? killer

1974 CB550

32 days and 5,536 miles on a CB550...

http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com/

and a couple years later, 38 days and 9,102 miles...

Forever West

... and all of it in a 4 mintue video

<a href="Not a valid vimeo URL">WWYY?[/url]

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #7011 on: May 15, 2011, 12:35:24 am »
What is that circle thing in the side of the tank? I see them on all the race bikes.

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #7012 on: May 15, 2011, 05:30:04 am »
What is that circle thing in the side of the tank? I see them on all the race bikes.
I don't know exactly how it works, but it is part of a quick fill system. With it you can put 5 gallons in, in a matter of seconds.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline babyfood1217

• The only way to drink espresso is as a
  • Hot Shot
  • I miss my baby...
« Reply #7013 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:53 pm »

Hard to argue against it being a beautiful show bike, but really, that's what it is.  I wouldn't ride that thing anywhere.  Not because it wouldn't be a fantastic experience, but I would be so effing worried about anything happening to it (ie: scratches, or dents, or accidents, etc...)

I guess, I would be much more excited by this if it were a bit more practical.  A $300k bike would never leave my home.  A rusty, trusty, oil fouled daily driver would. 

*That said, I would love to wake up to that bike at the end of my bed every day...
I need help moving my project bike from Wisconsin to Seattle, WA.  Willing to pay well.  Contact if interested.

SOHC member: #438

Project: 1976 CB750K
GSXR forks, Monoshock Rear end, 836 in progress, RC51 pipes, custom frame and everything else.

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #7014 on: May 15, 2011, 03:02:55 pm »
i'm pretty much with ya babyfood. but i do think there's a place in the world for both rusty beaters and show bikes.

anyone who can afford this has several bikes and many of them are daily riders. remember too the people who can spring for the coin on something like this don't think twice about riding them. it's like the millionaire who vintage races his aston marton dbr, ferrari testa rosa, et al... gets into a shunt, and hands it over to a shop with a blank check (sorry, cheque).

mere mortals cringe at such a thought.
1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

Offline Industrial Rat400f Killer

• Be careful you might get a
  • Expert
« Reply #7015 on: May 15, 2011, 03:18:22 pm »
If I had the kind of coin it takes to buy a 300k bike I'd ride the s#!t out of it. I will never have a bike just to look at no matter how many I end up with.

Offline Anti-Johnny

• 75 cb750k
  • Hot Shot
  • Poser
« Reply #7016 on: May 15, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »
If I had the kind of coin it takes to buy a 300k bike I'd ride the s#!t out of it. I will never have a bike just to look at no matter how many I end up with.

at this rate, by the time I have 300k to spend on a bike, I will be around 1,000 years old. So I would probably end up just admiring it. also, anyone have a few bucks to spare?
www.southaustinmotorcycles.com
 Come by and wrench and have a cold one while enjoying the wide array of rides and riders in Austin!

music

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #7017 on: May 15, 2011, 05:12:43 pm »

Posted today, first run was 105 mph
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:17:38 pm by ffjmoore »

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #7018 on: May 15, 2011, 06:12:36 pm »
personally ff i like the way your bike is shaping up more.  ;D

below: is EXACTLY how i'd like the pipes on my bike to look! might be overkill tho, aesthetically and functionally.  :-\

1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #7019 on: May 15, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #7020 on: May 15, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »
Thanks Ecosse, the build is slowly starting to move along now. It would go a little faster if i stopped buying bikes.  :o

Now this is inspiring to me on many levels. That crash last year was insane. Guy martin cracks me up! He doesnt ride for sponsor so he can say what ever he wants, and he does.
And the Isle of man TT is so fun to watch and listen to.

TT3D : Closer To The Edge official trailer
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:20:23 pm by ffjmoore »

Offline Free Booter

• My Build: CB750k5
  • Hot Shot
  • Meh.
« Reply #7021 on: May 15, 2011, 09:35:10 pm »

Posted today, first run was 105 mph

What is it? Want more info on this build.

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #7022 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »

What is it? Want more info on this build.

shinya kimura. No build thread. Just a blog. there are a few videos of him on here.

http://shinyakimura.blogspot.com/

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #7023 on: May 15, 2011, 10:15:46 pm »
has this been posted? Cool bike.

http://www.bikeexif.com/lowbrow-customs-triumph

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7024 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:24 pm »
 The 105mph is a H-D knuckle..(36-47)

The blue Hond a Dohc last page.. appears to be a SOHC lowerend with the ignition side removed and trimmed back, with some kind of DOHC topend!!.. any info on this one??
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way