Author Topic: Tena Koe and Kia Ora - looking for CB750 K4 parts  (Read 1117 times)

Offline KuangGradeMark11

Tena Koe and Kia Ora - looking for CB750 K4 parts
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:00:34 pm »
Hi everybody - I have a 1974 CB750 K4 which is nearly ready to get going.  Not restoring it, just trying to get it rolling and running so it looks like the one I had when I was 19 all those years ago.  The bit I desperately need is a seat (or just a seat base: mine is completely rusted out to the point where it only has one hinge the front one is completely MIA.  I would also like a green faced tacho with no indicator lights in it if anyone has one though that isn't too much of a problem.   I'm in Christchurch.

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
Re: Tena Koe and Kia Ora - looking for CB750 K4 parts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:31:38 pm »
Kia Ora Kuang
I think I have a tacho at home - I'll check for you tonight.
Don't have a seat though I do have a few other bits and pieces that aren't new or showroom but could used. Let me know if you need anything specific.
I'm in New Plymouth.
Cheers - JT

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:20 pm »
Just checked - it's a blue faced tach. Face and glass are good but the black shroud and chrome mount are pretty crappy.
Does work fine though.

Offline KuangGradeMark11

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:01:42 pm »
cheers - mine are mismatched - one green eye and one blue.  (Hence my bike is named "David" - not that I really do that particularly).  I have a NOS green gauge face and for $200 I could buy that NOS tacho that Malcolm from Econohonda has on tardme, but I am not restoring this bike and I think both would be overkill.

David Silver spares can sell me a repro seat for 90 quid plus 90 quid shipping (say $375 landed) and CArpy can sell me a seat base for $225 landed.  I can get it foamed and a new cover easily enough and I think that might be the go.

Thanks though - I am on the verge of getting this thing back on the road!