Author Topic: VIsiting New Zealand - North Island  (Read 6667 times)

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
VIsiting New Zealand - North Island
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:32:50 pm »
Well vacation time is upon me.

Will be on the North island July 10th

Pretty much gonna see the whole Island and some damn Kauri trees  ;D

Leaving on the 22nd.

Anyone up for a pint?
Stranger in a strange land

Offline cben750f0

• nothin draws attention like a classic bike!!
  • Master
  • '75 CB750F0 Gladstone NQLD OZ
Re: VIsiting New Zealand - North Island
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:57:30 pm »
dam i miss you by a couple o days... i am back at uni that week,... if you are in auckland give me a yell, will try to catchup...

peace
you are never to old, to act like a kid... be safe
funny thing,chasing someone down hill on a bike 30 years older than theirs..
he said \\\\\\\'it was like watching a 250kg unguided weapon getting stuck up you bum\\\\\\\ http://www.bikepics.com/members/trixtrem/

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:59:24 pm »
Will be leaving and departing from there.

Keith parks museum any good?

Offline cben750f0

• nothin draws attention like a classic bike!!
  • Master
  • '75 CB750F0 Gladstone NQLD OZ
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 06:57:57 pm »
honestly M8 couldnt tell you, have been so full on with my uni course that i dont really get out that much. if you check it out let me know...lol

Peace
you are never to old, to act like a kid... be safe
funny thing,chasing someone down hill on a bike 30 years older than theirs..
he said \\\\\\\'it was like watching a 250kg unguided weapon getting stuck up you bum\\\\\\\ http://www.bikepics.com/members/trixtrem/

Offline toycollector10

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:01:22 am »
If you are going up to Northland towards Kauri trees you need to bear in mind the following. The local natives and low life raping scumbags monitor any carpark that is a tourist hangout and when said tourists set out on foot for the twenty minute walk to see the giant of the forest/waterfall/kiwi nest or whatever the hell, their campervans or cars get done over.

If you are leaving your vehicle take your passport, camera, wallet etc etc and anything of value and preferably lock anything of value back in the safe at your motel.

This country has been hyped to the max as a "Clean, Green Destination" Don't believe the bull#$%*. It's safe enough if you use your head and think ahead but man, we have had many, many visitors to this country either killed, raped, robbed and generally f*cked over for me to give you this unfortunate warning.

Good luck. You would be better off touring the south of the country. The further south you go, the fewer the problems. Although that is all changing now. A Korean tourist was murdered recently by three white power skinhead lowlife scumbag idiots. And that was on the west coast of the south island. I could go on and on but it's too depressing. Also, don't try and sample the night life after dark because there are thousands of drunken idiots everywhere, in the city, in the suburbs. These idiots have NO IMPULSE CONTROL and when they are drunk it's even worse. PM me if you want specifics, it's pretty much race based I'm afraid. But it's not racist if the prison statistics and overall crime statistics point to a particular race. That is, 14 percent of the population but 40 percent of the prison population.

Go on, flame me out. But it's all true.
1969  CB 750 K0
1973  CB175
1973  Z1 Kawasaki

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:29:14 am »
Soooooooooooooooooo.........we check off Northern New Zealand as a NOT / must do holiday. ;D

Good luck K :o

Offline fishman_Phil

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 12:44:51 am »
If you are coming down near New Plymouth, I am in Waitara, just 15km out of New Plymouth, I would be keen to have a pint or more with you and show off my CB350F. Mainly depends on what day or days you are in the area, as July does have a pretty full calendar for me in the weekends. But given some notice I may be able to get a day off work during the week.
Whatever happens give me a call. The warning given by toycollector would apply to any where in the world. One should always lock anything up, does not matter where they are. Don't trust anyone if you cannot see them.
Enjoy your holiday in the North Island. The kauri trees are magnificent.
http://www.kauricoast.co.nz/KauriCoast.cfm
Rotorua has plenty of thermal hot pools, gysers and boiling mud (probably like what we hear of Yellow Stone Park) and some very beautiful lakes with excellent trout fishing.
http://www.rotorua.nz.com/
Waitomo has some large glowworm caves which take you deep underground on guided daily tours. Full of staligtites and staligmites created through thousands of years of dripping calcium water.
http://www.windwand.co.nz/ourmountain.htm
Where I live in the province of Taranaki we have Mt Egmont which will be in full snow down to the bushline. The surf line at the beach is just 45 minutes from the snow.
Let me know if you what my contact details.
Cheers ... Phil in NZ
1972 Honda CB350F (2); 1975 CB400F; 1983 CBX400F (1); 1962 Suzuki MA50 (1); Suzuki M15 (3); Suzuki M15Mk2 (2); Suzuki M31 (2); 1936 James H12 (2); 1948 Triumph Speed Twin 500; 1989 Suzuki GSXR250F; Yamaha Chappy (2); alot of work yet to be done.

Offline fishman_Phil

• Hot Shot
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:47:47 am »
Forgot to add a Waitomo Caves link
http://www.waitomo.com/waitomo-glowworm-caves.aspx
Cheers ... Phil in NZ
1972 Honda CB350F (2); 1975 CB400F; 1983 CBX400F (1); 1962 Suzuki MA50 (1); Suzuki M15 (3); Suzuki M15Mk2 (2); Suzuki M31 (2); 1936 James H12 (2); 1948 Triumph Speed Twin 500; 1989 Suzuki GSXR250F; Yamaha Chappy (2); alot of work yet to be done.

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 12:44:16 pm »
Sweet Phil ..thanks.

Rotorua is definitely on the list.

Yeah that description could be anywhere in the world sadly.

I've been wandering the earth for a while now.....been to some real bad places.

Sierra Leone, Liberia seem to top the list......Tho the Train station in Prague (the Woodrow Wilson train station if you can believe that) at midnight gets an honorable mention.

Rode out a couple coup d'etat's.....don't ask

Pretty rabid about CYA and ops security.

I'll be wandering around with a Kiwi girl so hopefuly she'll have a clue.  :D

But I hear ya...wouldn't dream of driving down 8 mile in detroit at 1 am either.

Steve_NZ

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 07:14:02 pm »
Thursday night's a good night for a pint or three at 'The Treehouse' (my local) in New Plymouth.
Give me a shout if you're in the area. I'm currently on an extended break from work, so can get out pretty much any time.
fishman_Phil isn't far from me - perhaps we could arrange a time and place for us all to meet up?
Cheers for now.
Steve in NZ