Author Topic: 750K4 restoration - first post- lesson in patience  (Read 1181 times)

Offline rt1976

750K4 restoration - first post- lesson in patience
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:06:08 am »
Hi guys, this is my first street bike and first motorcycle rebuild. I've  been involved building muscle cars (street / strip stuff) for a long time but always wanted a 70's Honda. I finally picked this one up in the spring of '09  rode it a little last summer before tearing it  down and restoring last spring. 

While the shop manual helped, it was this forum and Hondaman's book that got me through this rebuild. Thanks a bunch!

Attached are a the before and after pics. I did take a bunch of pics while the it was tore down so if anyone needs them for reference let me know.

What I did...
Powdercoated frame / swing arm
rebuilt engine - stock
new clutch
dyna ignition / coils
polished all engine aluminum / lower shocks and left bare - tried to clear it but it didn't come out to good
lowered 2"
tapered headstock bearings
bronze bushings in swing arm
new wheel bearings
replaced turn signals and brake light
geared for city driving
new seat from honda

i didn't repaint the tank because while its not perfect it does give it the right amount of character

Offline old76cr

• Enthusiast
Re: 750K4 restoration - first post- lesson in patience
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:15:48 am »
Nice! I like the subtle tail and signal lights.
cb750 k5                                                                     76 Husqvarna 250cr                                                       77 Can-Am 175   1973 honda SL125