Author Topic: pics of 4-into-1 headers - no MAC's please  (Read 6255 times)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: pics of 4-into-1 headers - no MAC's please
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 07:27:12 pm »
The last unknown is a Jardine, if the outer lower pipe is not ground in you have a long way to go, I have seen them pushed in about 1/2 way from cornering..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline neil young

• striving to be an
  • Expert
  • A penny saved..is obviously a government oversight
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:44 pm »
i;m not sure....i think it's a Kerker ???
sounds dynamite ;D it came with the bike.they look nice painted (in my garage awaiting another 77 550)

1972 CB500 k1
1974 CB550
1977 cb 550
82 suzuki GS 750tz.......16  valves  baby
2008 Triumph Scrambler

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 04:52:38 am »
i have that same bender and it's damned near impossible to get a bend without crimping the pipe.

I read somewhere on that site (whether it was a review or directions, I can't remember) that they recommended filling thin wall tubing with sand or water. have you tried that?
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

troppo

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 05:19:48 am »
i have that same bender and it's damned near impossible to get a bend without crimping the pipe.

I read somewhere on that site (whether it was a review or directions, I can't remember) that they recommended filling thin wall tubing with sand or water. have you tried that?

Its called sand bending, you take sand (must be very dry or you could be in big trouble from a steam explosion) block one end of the tube to be bent, carefully fill the tube and make sure its compacted well then block the other end (welding is the usual method for blocking the ends) then you heat the pipe where its to be bent and bend around the appropriate die, whether its a comercial one or a home-made one.
Old school in its best form, sand bent headers are the product of artisans and always go real expensive.
You could always do a exhaust pipe supplier search, they supply a huge range of pre bent pipe sections without distortion in them, kinda like a DIY extractor jigsaw.
Cheers
Troppo

Offline tsflstb

• Expert
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 05:56:53 am »
pretty sure this is a Kerker header