Author Topic: Police CB650PZ  (Read 108248 times)

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
Re: Police CB650PZ
« Reply #675 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:38 pm »
And yeah in provo we had that rain as well. mornings were good most days though.
Hey manjisann, why is your cb650 listed as not running? Need parts?

Soos you've been out of touch. I am currently rebuilding it, got the engine out, gonna repaint it and everything. You should check out my build thread, ran into a huge bummer snag. Anyhow, don't want to jack Hush's build thread with my woe's.

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #676 on: July 02, 2009, 03:27:50 pm »
The moths ate his frame Soos, I been trying to get him to ask you about welding it since you are our resident expert. :)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #677 on: July 02, 2009, 03:40:38 pm »
The moths ate his frame Soos, I been trying to get him to ask you about welding it since you are our resident expert.

Better moths than sheep  :P

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #678 on: July 03, 2009, 01:01:16 am »
Sheep would have greased it so it didn't rust Brandon, that's where Lanoline oil comes from. ;D :D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #679 on: July 03, 2009, 04:01:26 am »
Dear diary: With the onset of more rain, like we needed any more as we just had 1 metre in 4 days and I think the guy next door is building a new Ark, I decided I needed to put something on here.
It should have been my in-depth report of performance by the new rear shocks but no for some reason the biker Gods are punishing me this month so here is a picture of what a brainy human would do in weather like we are having.
This is Berley my 2.5 year old Fox Terrier showing me how it's done, head on pillow, his mistresses best knee warmer over him and watching TV.
This is no posed photo either, Jaffa and I came back in from the spa pool and there he was!
Now who could ever call such an animal dumb? :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:02:57 am by Hush »

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #680 on: July 03, 2009, 10:29:20 am »
HAHAHAHA that's awesome! Sure he isn't a sheep in dogs clothing?  ;) Pets make life more enjoyable.

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #681 on: July 03, 2009, 03:51:15 pm »
Dear diary: I was quite pleased with how my panniers came out after the major overhaul they required for new hinges and paint.

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #682 on: July 03, 2009, 06:02:38 pm »
Nice! Just don't put the sheep back in them, and you won't wear out your new shocks so fast  ;)

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #683 on: July 03, 2009, 11:47:30 pm »
harden up Hush and get out there. took my wee toy for a very short blast today, but it wasn't raining and reached 8c
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #684 on: July 04, 2009, 01:28:24 am »
Scunny, my bike wont even turn over under 15 degrees, I'd have to strap hot water bottles all round the motor and leave the electric blanket (my bike has one, doesn't everyones?) on High to get her to idle!
Actually (and seriously) I've been quite sick for a week, too scared to get it confirmed if I had either the regular flu of the swine flu, I think my son gave it to me as he's been sick in bed for 7 days and being a cop he is more suseptable to "pig flu". :D
I don't think I would have the concentration or the arm power after this week to manoevre the bike safely anyway.
I've got past the "someone please shoot me" stage and moved onto the much more productive " my lungs feel like someone is kneeling on them and my abs hurt from all the bluddy coughing" stage.

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #685 on: July 04, 2009, 04:00:13 am »
Get feeling better Hush. You know, being an ex police cruiser, the bike may have given it to you ;)

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2009, 12:25:19 pm »
My bike gave me bugs?...thanks Brandon. :D

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #687 on: July 09, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »
Dear diary: Blue sky day so couldn't resist a ride, had to jump start of a car battery as she was fairly low and I had forgotten to put her on trickle charge.
Took ages to warm up and 5 minutes of idling before all 4 cylinders came on line, cleared her throat down a nice long country road and she ran quite well for the 30 miles I put on her today.
No trouble cruising at 100 klmph, a little rough in the idling dept at intersections.
Still needs a resync, I checked the cam chain but that was adjusted correctly so gotta be the sync, haven't done anything to her since installing those new carb isolators and the new rear shocks.
Hard to say if the new shocks made a difference or not but I must say she takes a corner better now that the front forks seals have been done so guess the rears are contributing to a better ride. :D

Offline Operator

• Someday I will live up to being a
  • Expert
« Reply #688 on: July 10, 2009, 08:23:21 am »
Just stumbled across this thread......nice ride Hush, it is really nice to read about wanting to know all the ins and outs of your ride. I am in that process with my K3, and being not very mechanically inclined, I have begun to rely heavily on the posted advice here in the forum when I do any repairs (insert "break s$%t and swear a lot")

And I would love to have a light post at 3am just for #$%*s and giggles...........
If ever there was a creator of bastard sons, it is the open road, for she has claimed so many young men yearning for freedom......

1973 CB750 K3
1976 CB400F (Cafe Project)
1979 Yamaha XS400 (Currently up for Sale)

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #689 on: July 13, 2009, 12:34:19 am »
No worries Operator, I try to entertain as I struggle to rebuild my old bike. ;D

Offline Buber

• A bit of spanner spinner, but definitely not a
  • Hot Shot
  • #820 on old mailing list.... :)
    • Mountain Chalets in Polands
« Reply #690 on: July 13, 2009, 03:22:11 am »
Took ages to warm up and 5 minutes of idling before all 4 cylinders came on line, cleared her throat down a nice long country road and she ran quite well for the 30 miles I put on her today.
Hi!

From my experiences of cold rides (hard not to ride, eh?) I STRONGLY suggest Iridium plugs. Especially in cold conditions they made HUGE difference in starting, idling, etc.
And they are 7$ plus shipping on ebay, so.. just grab'em!
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #691 on: July 13, 2009, 07:45:19 pm »
Cheers Buber, winter only lasts like 8 weeks here and it snows only once ever 30 years so not much point. :)

Offline Buber

• Hot Shot
« Reply #692 on: July 14, 2009, 01:12:05 am »
This is simply unfair....  >:(

The bottom pic shows what happens when you are desperate to ride - it took some skill (and trembling hands) to go down this road..  ;)
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #693 on: July 14, 2009, 06:47:12 am »
I bow to your determination buber, I would never have tried that given a choice!

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #694 on: July 17, 2009, 12:42:45 am »
Damn that looks cold Buber, well the weather has turned to crap again so me and the bike are going into hibernation. ;D
Will do some work on my sons' CBR400RR and have a play with that ratty VT250. :D

Offline Buber

• Hot Shot
« Reply #695 on: July 17, 2009, 05:13:18 am »
My personal experience it that it is the snow that will get you, not the cold.
On a more practical note - honestly, if you can, refrain from riding in cold, unless you are planning trips over 30-40kms. I know (guess how?) that only this is the distance after which our bike's engine will become warm. And riding with cold engine isn't good for him, so... in secret, my next bike will be liquid cooled CB1300, and the oldie will be refurbished for sunny rides only.  ;D
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #696 on: July 20, 2009, 05:33:59 pm »
Dear diary: Unhappy about the bikes performance last time I got to ride it, I have her booked in for a professional carb sync tomorrow, she hasn't been quite the same since I fitted those new carb isolators so am picking that is the problem.
Not that the bike is missing or doing anything stupid, just under performing is how I would describe it.
Hope she appreciates her beauty treatment....all girls like to be fussed over, especially blondes. ;D

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #697 on: July 20, 2009, 10:00:41 pm »
Maybe you just need one of them spiffy new air filters  ;D ;D ;D

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #698 on: July 20, 2009, 10:03:04 pm »
Who do you think Hush is, Terry? ;D
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #699 on: July 21, 2009, 03:44:07 am »
Yes Kit he keeps trying to sell me that Aussie air filter! ;D