Author Topic: Police CB650PZ  (Read 108238 times)

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
Re: Police CB650PZ
« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2009, 07:28:48 pm »
Just this week been contacted by a guy in Germany who like me has a taste for these old Police bikes, Jorg's CB650PZ is in it's early stages of restoration and hopefully I can help with some of his questions about it.
He also is importing a CB750P from the states (how could you guys let that slip out of the country?) ;D
I told him to hook onto this site so if you see a newbie with some strange questions from Germany please show him our SOHC4 warm welcome, oh yeah he's no slug with the spanners either as he seems to have a garage full of bikes, lucky Jorg. ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:22:08 pm by Hush »
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Soos

• Just a butcher with a carbide hatchet, definitely not a
  • Master
« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2009, 02:38:53 pm »
I WANT ONE OF THOSE SEATS!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Hows the weather this time of year down there?

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-
Just think to yourself what would Alowishus Devander Abercrombie do?
"Brix will be shat by your neighbors." - schwebel
(61mm)652cc 1979 cb650

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #802 on: November 10, 2009, 03:34:59 pm »
You are going to hate us down here, its around 65-80 degrees Fahrenheit depending where you are.... ;D  All year round riding over here....

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #803 on: November 10, 2009, 08:24:15 pm »
Well we are still waiting in New Zealand for the Summer weather as it still feels like Winter here some days 12 degrees celcius!
But weather for this weekends Toy-run looks good. ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #804 on: November 10, 2009, 08:42:14 pm »
12's riding weather here. well when younger
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #805 on: November 10, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »
You Southerners are just plain crazy cuz! ;D
The air in my tires and gas in my tank freezes below 15c. ;)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #806 on: November 10, 2009, 10:39:40 pm »
We are already getting 30C {86F}  in Brisbane, riding all year round here.. ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #807 on: November 11, 2009, 12:05:22 am »
Shut up Mick....I dun wanna hear that!!!!!!!! >:(
Good beer drinking weather maybe. ;D

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2009, 12:31:51 am »
Did the protest run on the old girl, I don't think i could have beat any of the 200+ bikes that turned up but I had fun. ;D
Anyhow, the camchain is rattling and I cannot get the adjuster to take the noise out so I guess I'm in new adjuster territory.
Might delay that until the riding season is over and I had planned to strip out the motor and do the head gaskets etc.
Suppose I should do the camchain while I'm in there too, I'll have to read up on it all and if I can put in a new adjuster without disturbing the camchain I might just do that for now as I don't want to lose riding days but also that noise is peeing me off.
Apart from that the bike continues to run well with no more charging troubles, even the battery water is staying level. :)

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
« Reply #809 on: November 15, 2009, 03:57:10 am »
If I'm remembering correctly (from reading the manual and various posts  ;D ) you'll be taking the camchain adjuster out to change the head gaskets, so it's probably a great time to give it some serious TLC or even replace. I could be wrong though.

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2009, 12:44:16 am »
I'll do all of that Brandon, an old well retired mechanic came up to me this week when i was parking the bike at a shopping centre and told me he used to work on these old Hondas.
Knew his stuff too as he ran his wrinkled old finger over the motor describing parts inside.
He reckoned they had bulletproof big ends but quite light head components and just about all the work they did was related to the cam/valves/cam chain.
New discovery this week, did a night time ride for first time and found the tacho had no bulbs working, shame because the speedo lights up an eerie green and white, quite spooky but pretty.
Pulled the tacho and both bulbs had that shiny black "totally stuffed" look to them. :)

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #811 on: December 06, 2009, 05:34:39 pm »
I see my brother-in-law has his CB650PZ ready for sale, he made a nice job of the engine but said he wasn't going to go to all the bother of completing it back to original, nice bike for someone to finish off, probably go for $1000. :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=258586024

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #812 on: December 06, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
Geeze Hush, if i were you i would buy that for that kind of money, you can never have enough spare parts... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #813 on: December 06, 2009, 05:57:45 pm »
I'm running out of garage room Mick, my partner is even threatening to evict my son's CBR400RR if he don't come finish it soon. :D
I think I'll put her pink Chinese scooter in the gym room, that'll give me more room to move ;) and I don't mind sleeping on the couch, it's kinda like going camping. ;D

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #814 on: December 06, 2009, 06:01:24 pm »
I think I'll put her pink Chinese scooter in the gym room,

;D Sounds like an exercise bike for lazy buggers..... ;D ;D

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Soos

• Master
« Reply #815 on: December 12, 2009, 02:25:35 pm »
You have a spare cb650PZ seat??

Or perhaps a few detail shots of the underside back, top.... :)  ??

L8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-
(61mm)652cc 1979 cb650

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #816 on: December 12, 2009, 06:09:21 pm »
Spare seats for these bikes are scarcer than Sandcast casings old sport but I can do some seat photos for ya, the underside is either heavy plastic or fibreglass not metal so no rust problems.

Offline Soos

• Master
« Reply #817 on: December 13, 2009, 08:23:51 am »
Nice, I would like to attempt  to re-create one!

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-
(61mm)652cc 1979 cb650

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #818 on: December 16, 2009, 12:45:25 am »
I wonder if they could be fabbed from fiberglass...
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #819 on: December 16, 2009, 11:40:57 pm »
In case I missed putting up those photos guys'n gals. ;D

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2009, 12:12:24 am »
I like.  Hush, you should do a service to humanity and get a mould of one so we can all make our own. :D
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #821 on: December 17, 2009, 11:21:40 am »
Hmm that "service to the community" might mean disassembling my seat and since I'm not up to my ass in snow like you guys and the skies are blue with the sun shining on my side of the world I'd rather not. ;D
There's actually a market for a seat mould as many of these old Police bikes have been butchered to make them look like stock road bikes and the guys trying to rebuild them back to original are struggling to get seats for them.
I've had a few contact me asking if I have spares.

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #822 on: January 21, 2010, 01:22:41 pm »
Lost my own post on sprockets sizes duh? :(

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #823 on: January 21, 2010, 07:00:18 pm »
Old bike still going great though  ;D.

Offline fishman_Phil

• Hot Shot
« Reply #824 on: January 21, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »
Sprocket sizes. Hush if you look to the top right on this page to the search field and put in sprocket, you will get all your past info back.
Cheers ... Phil
1972 Honda CB350F (2); 1975 CB400F; 1983 CBX400F (1); 1962 Suzuki MA50 (1); Suzuki M15 (3); Suzuki M15Mk2 (2); Suzuki M31 (2); 1936 James H12 (2); 1948 Triumph Speed Twin 500; 1989 Suzuki GSXR250F; Yamaha Chappy (2); alot of work yet to be done.