Author Topic: Police CB650PZ  (Read 108235 times)

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Re: Police CB650PZ
« Reply #900 on: June 04, 2010, 08:00:37 am »
Hush,
Are you running headlamp/lights all the time (not the strobes).
Wonder if they spec'd a heavy duty battery.
My S90 can't quite keep up on charging when headlights are on.
The extra load would reduce the overcharging.
Your CB650 has a rectifier right?  Not quite the same as the S90 system...
Sounds like your rectifier/regulator is not working correctly.

David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #901 on: June 04, 2010, 10:00:34 am »
maybe your regulator/rectifier is toast?
I still think it's toast, five days later. ::)
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #902 on: June 04, 2010, 11:25:57 am »
Possibly Kit but it's too damned cold and wet here to do anything about it for now. ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #903 on: June 04, 2010, 11:45:03 am »
'cold and wet', like, 10*C?
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
1973 CL350- Lola?
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #904 on: June 05, 2010, 01:29:17 am »
Yup, actually my house this time of year without the fire going is 10*c, I'm having it insulated at the moment (roof and underneath) as I really hate being cold. ;D
I've been invited to a "Emergency Services" rally for the opening of a new Police museum on 25th July in Dannevirke (my home town) so I better get the bike back into riding form and put some miles on it to check the reliability.
I probably wont have the R/R replaced by then so will need to keep an eye on fluid levels in the battery or I'll get unsolicited seat heating. :D

http://nzevc.yolasite.com/
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
« Reply #905 on: June 05, 2010, 03:52:56 am »
What, the seat warming wasn't a part of the Cop Bike package???  ;)

Looks like a neat club, you'll have to post pics!

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #906 on: June 05, 2010, 11:39:15 am »
Goober! :D

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #907 on: June 05, 2010, 08:54:58 pm »

Here, if yer gonna cry about the weather... :D
1973 CL350- Lola?
Stuff for sale

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #908 on: June 06, 2010, 12:11:51 am »
10C is about 50F for those of us who still go by the F'd scale...
Oh my goodness, you must be used to some pretty warm temps for 50F to be cold. 
I'll give you the fact that a rainy 50F feels colder than a dry 50F but still...it ain't the peak of winter there yet.

David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #909 on: June 06, 2010, 01:40:47 am »
Oh nah we do minus 6*c frosts too but they are gone by mid morning and you always get a great blue sky riding day after one so we don't grumble about them. ;D

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #910 on: June 11, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »
Charged the battery and went for a around the block test run, 2 hours later  ;D got home and all looks OK, will do some tests tomorrow...unless it is primo riding weather again. :D

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #911 on: June 13, 2010, 07:15:33 pm »
2hrs? wow, you have a really big neighborhood block there.  ;D
1969 CL350 Scrambler... almost done!!! Well, until something else goes wrong. :)
2006 HD 883 Sportster, stock. No use changing it, it's still gonna be a Harley.

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #912 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »
I know Mickey, but hey blue sky days are few and far between here now, you gotta take full advantage of them when they arrive. ;)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #913 on: June 13, 2010, 11:50:58 pm »
I know Mickey, but hey blue sky days are few and far between here now, you gotta take full advantage of them when they arrive. ;)

You are lucky Hush,you have some beautiful mountain roads and country plains in either direction out your way, very nice piece of Earth....Lucky bugger.... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Soos

• Just a butcher with a carbide hatchet, definitely not a
  • Master
« Reply #914 on: June 26, 2010, 06:28:43 am »

Hows the cooler weather treating you there Hush?

Enjoying the Utah summer over this side of the world. :)

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-
Just think to yourself what would Alowishus Devander Abercrombie do?
"Brix will be shat by your neighbors." - schwebel
(61mm)652cc 1979 cb650

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #915 on: June 27, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »
Hey Soos, yeah well cooler weather equals constant rain right now, only a mad man would try riding in this weather.
Bike on trickle charge, staying in shed till weather better. ;)

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #916 on: December 29, 2010, 06:23:43 pm »
OK so trickle charging killed the battery! ;D
New battery and all good, next problem.
All set for a ride with Jaffa today, we got 2 blocks from home and my clutch cable snapped! >:(
Thought that was me screwed till mid January then remembered my brother-in-law had 4 of these bikes in rebuild, quick call and I'm up and running again.
Note: the clutch cable from the Custom CB650 is quite a bit longer than my CB650PZ, also remembering that the standard CB650 cable is shorter!
My bro in law told me a company called Ansin & Monteith will make up cables to any length I want so once the Xmas New Year break is over I'll pop in and see them. :)

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #917 on: December 30, 2010, 11:42:16 pm »
Oh how bloody marvelous to have such a smooth working clutch again, it musta been out of whack for a while and I didn't notice...apart from the clunky gear changes which I sort of got used to. ;D
Now I may have overcompensated a little cos at high speed accelleration I can feel it slightly loose traction, will need to back the clutch adjuster off a touch.
Still heaps of fun. :D

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #918 on: December 31, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »
I thought that you had already replaced the clutch cable ?
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #919 on: December 31, 2010, 06:33:17 pm »
Hi Larry Happy New Year mate, yeah I bought 2 new ones for the CB650Z but they were too short as the MOT bikes have higher bars than the stock Z model.
Luckily one cable fitted Jaffa's GSX400 perfectly and I sold the other on Trade Me.
There must be some cable length between the Z and theCustom that will fit the PZ, my broin law said Ansin & Monteith will make up a cable for me so that may be the way to go.

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #920 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:06 pm »
OK Dear diary: long time no write on my project thread. ;D
$45 and Ansin Monteith made me up a new inner cable, used my old outer and it works like greased lightening, I'm impressed. :)
Changed the 16 tooth front sprocket for a 17 tooth one, will report my findings on the difference to the way the bike travels.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:00:45 am by Hush »

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #921 on: March 27, 2011, 07:26:34 pm »
Love it love it, the engine seems to have relaxed with the extra tooth, it used to be 30mph=3000revs and 40mph=4000 revs but now there is a drop of exactly 1000 revs?
30mph now equals 2000 rpm and 40mph=3000 rpm, in fact I was hard pushed to get the bike to rev past 5000 rpm at all while riding.
No drop in power, smoother if anything. :D ;D Oh happy happy Hush. :)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #922 on: March 27, 2011, 09:07:17 pm »
Better fuel economy as well mate.... ;D ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #923 on: March 27, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »
Never thought of that Mick...bonus! :D

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #924 on: April 09, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »
Rode out to the prison this week, bike went extremely well, pulled strongly and my only complaint is oil seeping out from both sides of the head, guess the gasket is due for renewal.
Was on the list of things to do this winter, pull motor and replace cam adjuster blade, check pistons/rings and replace all gaskets.
Still cannot believe the amount of difference that sprocket made??