Author Topic: I'd Like To Say Something About Father's Day  (Read 840 times)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
I'd Like To Say Something About Father's Day
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:58:55 pm »

I just wanted to take the time to wish all you Fathers a Happy Father's Day! ;) Hope you all have a wonderful day! I have just gotten off of the phone with my Dad, wished him a Happy Father's Day as I hope you all will too and my heart goes out to you all whose Fathers have passed on. :(

Take care folks, Bill 
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

troppo

Re: I'd Like To Say Something About Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 08:02:50 pm »
Thanks bill, hope you have a good one too

Offline DarkRider

• Nomad.or Drifter...Def not a
  • Old Timer
  • Lone Wolf.....Among the herd of sport bikers...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 09:42:28 pm »
Thank you bill...this is one day i seriously wonder what my father would think of the path i have gone through in my life..
'84 Chevy C10
'73 MGB Roadster
'69 Ford F250

Currently a rider without a bike

Quote from: heffay
so, you say just tie myself on with this... and steer w/ this?   ;D ;D  ok.  where's my goggles?   8)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:06:39 pm »
Thank you bill...this is one day i seriously wonder what my father would think of the path i have gone through in my life..

Chris, (my own thoughts) I would say that he should have been proud that you have handled the things the way you have. Let's face it, you have been dealt some pretty heavy things to deal with in your young life and (I feel that) you have done very well in standing up and working things out. I know of some folks who would have admitted defeat and buckled. You'll make it and do quite well, IMHO. ;)  Drive on, Dude! 8)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline CharlieT

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:12:16 am »

I know the feeling. My dad died 34yrs ago. I was 22 y/o. Still miss him.
A good bike mechanic only needs two tools, WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the WD40. If it does move but shouldn't use the duct tape.

Offline cleveland

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 07:01:01 am »
Happy Father's Day!  I got called into work today, but that is what being a dad is all about..........paying the bills and beating the kids.  ;D

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 07:58:15 am »

My prayers are with you Charlie, hope things go well to (at least) kinda offset your sadness (losing your Dad at such a young age). I have that feeling about my Granddad, I was 21 when he died and we were really close. :(

Hope you have a good one,   Bill ;)
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 08:00:59 am »
Happy Father's Day!  I got called into work today, but that is what being a dad is all about..........paying the bills and beating the kids.  ;D

Ah, some things never change, do they? :D We just keep on truckin'. ;)  Have a good one, when you get home that is. :)

Take care, Bill ;)
Member # 1969

Offline DarkRider

• Nomad.or Drifter...Def not a
  • Old Timer
  • Lone Wolf.....Among the herd of sport bikers...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 09:23:44 am »

The pain is still kinda fresh for me due to it occuring only 7 years ago this coming october just prior to my 18th bday...But like bill my prayers are with you man..
'84 Chevy C10
'73 MGB Roadster
'69 Ford F250

Currently a rider without a bike

Quote from: heffay
so, you say just tie myself on with this... and steer w/ this?   ;D ;D  ok.  where's my goggles?   8)

Offline kach_me

• Hot Shot
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 09:38:57 am »
Cherish the time you've got with both parents.  I haven't lost my parents; however, the "sperm donor" lives accross town about 5 minutes away from my house.  We've n-e-v-e-r spoken.  Kinda weird at times, since I see him often.  My thinking is that he walked away and is not interested, maybe I'm wrong...

Luckily Mom married a great guy who has been very supportive in all ways possible.  Really the epitomy of a true father.  I hate to think how I'll feel when something happens to him.  The other guy, it's hard to mourn someone you don't know.

Anyway, take advantage now, while you can.  Happy Father's Day to all!
1976 CB 750K - Stock / No mods (yet).