Author Topic: cylinder head gasket for a cb 750 F2  (Read 1416 times)

Offline mazingerzeca

• Hot Shot
cylinder head gasket for a cb 750 F2
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:52:15 am »
Seems a bit difficult to find a OEM cylinder head gasket for a cb750 F2. Maybe is a dumb question, given that they have a different partnumber, but would a gasket from other model (F1, K7, K8) fit on a cb750 F2, maybe with extra o-rings?

Offline SD750F

• Master
    • My Business Site
Re: cylinder head gasket for a cb 750 F2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:16:34 am »
As I understand the options, A F2 head gasket is the same as a F3. Also Veshera (sp) is the same as OEM since they provided gaskets to Honda in the first place. Besides that I know of no other source unless you are boring your engine to increase the cc's.

Scott
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:22:33 am by SD750F »

Offline mazingerzeca

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:33 pm »
Maybe anyone can help me with this quiz.
As far as I can see on the partslists, the differences between the K7 and F2 cylinder head gasket can have their origin on the fact that the K7 head has 8 pins and 8 rubbers around the studs, and the F2 head only has 4, due that in F2 head the inner stud holes are not used as oil passages. So, given that the F2 head has no rubbers and pins on inner studs, maybe that cylinder head gasket has smaller holes for the inner studs, and that makes the difference between the head gasket for each model.
Despite my engine is a F2 for sure, it had 8 pins and 8 rubbers, probably installed by a previous owner, who maybe was unable to find a F2 gasket and used a K gasket adding 4 pins and rubbers.
Well... do you think that if I use the inner pins and rubbers (new) I could use a K gasket?

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 01:59:08 pm »
 Well I'll be damned, there is a different part # for the F2 head gasket and cmsnl wants a buttload of $$ for it. Those 4 oil drain holes that are blocked in the F2 serve no function and the cutout recesses are the same size as the functioning ones so can't imagine that a smaller hole in the head gasket would serve any function.

I wonder what other difference there might be to warrant a different part #  ???  I thought people were using the standard 75-78 gasket on their F2's with no problems?
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame