Author Topic: Okay...... I'm In Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7253 times)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
Okay...... I'm In Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:01:27 pm »

I'm in love and Drooling, at the same time. Sorry, but I really like the looks of THIS one! 8)  It's called a Read Titan 350 (converted CB77 305 Super Hawk) And the only thing I see wrong with it is, that it isn't mine!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

okie

Re: Okay...... I'm In Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:12:11 pm »
Hey, you've already got a 160 front fender.  Just gather up a few more pieces and it will be yours.

Offline ekim98

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:15:25 pm »

I'm in love and Drooling, at the same time. Sorry, but I really like the looks of THIS one! 8)  It's called a Read Titan 350 (converted CB77 305 Super Hawk) And the only thing I see wrong with it is, that it isn't mine!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

+1  That is so nice, great find Bill. I'd take that in a heart beat.  8) 8) 8)
Patriot Guard Rider - KY. Ride with Respect

78 750k  cafe bike sort of
67 305  Superhawk (working project)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 08:07:27 pm »

You know guys, I'm really liking the Honda fours (especially the SOHC type), I'm liking the 450 and 350 Twins, but this bike is based on the bike that was the first Honda I had that really stirred my interest in the Hondas. Not to forget that the 1st Honda I saw that got me going  , was the 125 Benly Super Sport, but the 250 CB72 Hawk (same look as the Super Hawk) was my first Honda and I'll never forget that ride, the sound (especially when I opened up those megaphones that I put on it) That lil' sucker was a pretty good runner, to not be any bigger than it was. 8) ;)

Soon as I can get things squared away, for my Dad, I hope to get on with the Super Hawk that I have. And do my own creation. ;) With any luck, this winter will be the start of my projects (maybe with my Dad's assistance, even if only in advice 8)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:16:03 pm »

+1  That is so nice, great find Bill. I'd take that in a heart beat.  8) 8) 8)

Thanks ekim,  I'm always keeping my eyes open for bikes that I like the looks and features of, then I post them in hopes that others will have an interest too! ;) Ah, the internet, gotta love the accessibility if finding things like that.  :)

Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:21:52 pm »
Hey, you've already got a 160 front fender.  Just gather up a few more pieces and it will be yours.

I'm working on it, as I can. ;) Hope yours is coming along too. ;)
Member # 1969

Offline nickjtc

• I was numero dieci
  • Old Timer
  • Yamaha XT500 'Gromit'
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:14:17 pm »
Hey Bill. Never apologise because you like the look of a motorcycle. If this is was it says it is it will be one of the first Read Titan creations....at a time when the English riding population were saying "Jap crap" when they saw anything from the far east. Priceless.
Nick J. Member #3247

2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
1977 Suzuki GS750

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear proper motorcycle clothing...."

Offline toycollector10

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 11:14:15 pm »
Keep 'em comming Bill, that's a little beauty. Imagine how much fun that would be on a track day...
1969  CB 750 K0
1973  CB175
1973  Z1 Kawasaki

fuzzybutt

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 01:11:17 am »
THAT is a sweet looking cycle. i'm starting to like the honda twins more and more all the time thanks to you bill. keep em coming.

Offline ekim98

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 07:22:50 am »

I'd trade my 750 for a running 305 Superhawk just to make something like that. I was looking for one when I found the 750k. If they weren't so expensive I'd have one, but all I saw were to nice to make a cafe bike out of.  :(

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:53 am »

I'd trade my 750 for a running 305 Superhawk just to make something like that. I was looking for one when I found the 750k. If they weren't so expensive I'd have one, but all I saw were to nice to make a cafe bike out of.  :(

Your thinking is the same way I am about nearly ANY bike. And that is exactly why I'm trying to slowly gather up bits to build this 63' Super hawk (that doesn't look too Super in it's present condition) to suite MY taste. I've got a pretty good idea what I want to do with it, but I'm, still checking out ANY examples I can find and putting them in my Flickr account.

Member # 1969

okie

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 09:32:32 am »
Here's my SuperHawk.  DME has the only 750 I would trade for, and I'm betting he doesn't want to trade  :) and the freight from Sweden would probably be more than the bikes are worth!! 

I guess you might say that I am a 'closet biker'. ;) ;)

Offline ekim98

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 10:55:40 am »

Your thinking is the same way I am about nearly ANY bike. And that is exactly why I'm trying to slowly gather up bits to build this 63' Super hawk (that doesn't look too Super in it's present condition) to suite MY taste. I've got a pretty good idea what I want to do with it, but I'm, still checking out ANY examples I can find and putting them in my Flickr account.

I couldn't even find one like you have Bill. All I saw was on other forums or evilbay and they were to expensive, more than 3 to 4 times what my 750 cost. I'm still looking tho. Maybe I can trade my Ford Bronco II for a project bike! Between a cb1100r and the 305 Superhawk I'm not making much progress.  :'(

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 12:04:15 pm »

Hey okie.   Looks like you are coming along with YOUR Super Hawk. 8) Bet you'll be glad when you...uh, I mean your bike will be ready to come out of the closet! ;D Sorry, couldn't resist that (probably SHOULD have though). So.... Are ya gonna push it out of that closet or ride it out? :D Either way, I'm sure your gonna be getting some real pleasure out of THAT one! 8) ;)

Take care, Bill ;)
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 12:10:59 pm »
Hey Bill. Never apologise because you like the look of a motorcycle. If this is was it says it is it will be one of the first Read Titan creations....at a time when the English riding population were saying "Jap crap" when they saw anything from the far east. Priceless.

That IS one nice bike alright! I'll bet my neighbors wouldn't appreciate those pipes though! :D I'd eant some way to quit it down a tad, for them and be able to open it up, when taken out of the neighborhood! ;)
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 12:23:18 pm »
Keep 'em comming Bill, that's a little beauty. Imagine how much fun that would be on a track day...

THAT is a sweet looking cycle. i'm starting to like the honda twins more and more all the time thanks to you bill. keep em coming.

I've been looking for these examples and any others I can find, for quite a spell now and I run across them now and then and, when I do, I post them up for anyone who might appreciate them. ;)

Check this out.

http://motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/cafe/cafe41.htm

BTW, a nice bit of info I picked up over at honda305.com was that the trans was setup a bit too wide, gear ratio wise and if you would take and swap the 2nd and 3rd gears from the countershaft and put them on the main shaft putting the 2nd and 3rd gears from the main shaft and putting them on the countershaft, you would end up with a "Close Ratio" trans. They call it "Xing" the gears.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:40:24 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969

Offline tbpmusic

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 01:15:21 pm »
          BTW, a nice bit of info I picked up over at honda305.com was that the trans was setup a bit too wide, gear ratio wise and if you would take and swap the 2nd and 3rd gears from the countershaft and put them on the main shaft putting the 2nd and 3rd gears from the main shaft and putting them on the countershaft, you would end up with a "Close Ratio" trans. They call it "Xing" the gears.

Bill - is that even possible?? Have you tried it??
Wow, it seems almost too convenient to be true....

bill2
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"

Bill Lane
 '71 CB450 Mutant/ '75 CB200/ '81 CM200/ '71 C70M

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 01:52:45 pm »

Bill - is that even possible?? Have you tried it??
Wow, it seems almost too convenient to be true....

bill2

It's supposed to be possible and work quite well. You don't do anything with 1st and 4th, so you have the same ratios there. It's supposed to make all 4 gears to be spaced more evenly. There's a lot of talk over on honda305.com and several over there, have done it. If I can't make the CB350 5sp trans work in my Super Hawk, I'll probably do the change myself. Check out the link below and let me know what you think.

http://www.honda305.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=9314
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 03:04:12 pm »

What about this little jewel?

Check this link out. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Eeholman/repspec.html 
Member # 1969

okie

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 03:11:01 pm »
Yeah, just kick that ol' thing out by the curb in front of my house.  I'll take it from there. 

Seriously, I REALLY like that one.  Do you think they would consider a used-up '82 Ascot in trade?

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 07:12:52 pm »
Yeah, just kick that ol' thing out by the curb in front of my house.  I'll take it from there. 

Seriously, I REALLY like that one.  Do you think they would consider a used-up '82 Ascot in trade?

::) ::) ;)    Worth a shot okie. :D
Member # 1969

Offline malcolmgb

• What am I not? an
  • Expert
  • The BEST 400 four by far
    • malcnet
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 12:28:14 pm »
here's a couple of pics for you Bill from a recent show I went to. I have been meaning to upload them for you, but there is a lot happening in my life at present.

the twin cam is a modified CB72/7 bottom end with a 450 barrel and head on. Sam will probably give you more details as the owner Pete Rhodes knows him.

Malcolm

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

1977 CB400F
1973 CL175 K7
1976 XL175 - Sold
1964 CL72
1966 CA78
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=1988

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:02 pm »
here's a couple of pics for you Bill from a recent show I went to. I have been meaning to upload them for you, but there is a lot happening in my life at present.

the twin cam is a modified CB72/7 bottom end with a 450 barrel and head on. Sam will probably give you more details as the owner Pete Rhodes knows him.

No need to apologize Malcolm, got a bit going on in mine also.

Sharp bikes BTW, I'm starting to get some interest in the CB77 lower end with the 450 DOHC cylinder and head. Sure like to hear some details on THAT one! 8) ;)  Okay Sam, what do YOU know about this? ??? :)
Member # 1969

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 04:32:30 pm »
I can't tell you much about the bike apart from the fact that Pete built it and you know that allready.
Pete has built some intresting specials over the years and was the person that modified our CB frame to CR spec.
He did build an intresting bike a couple of years ago, I'll see if I can find anything on it.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline ekim98

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 05:04:50 pm »
I don't know Sam. I only saw about 30 or 40 bikes that peak my intrest. ;D ;D ;D Do you have any more pictures.  ::) To bad there wasn't more close up pic's on most of them. I guess some people are never satisfied.  8) 8)

That cb72/7/450 that Pete built looks real interestering. ;D ;D

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 07:20:49 pm »
http://www.northwichuk.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=71

Hows that ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)

That #2 bike looks mighty fine to me Sam. 8) ;)

Uh huh! Uh huh! ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:27:11 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:43 pm »
It's a CR71 Asama racer Billy, he was working on it about 6 years ago when he did our frame.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 04:57:54 am »
Pete's been working on the CB72/77 with 450 head for ages too - he's had a right runaround with some of the components like gearbox and ignition but it's largely complete now. Top bloke for anything Honda.

Are you thinking of the Yoshimura 250 special there Sam? He got loads of press coverage when he completed that and there were some cracking articles on it.
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE