Author Topic: Salem, Eugene and Corvallis.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline PJ

• Enthusiast
Salem, Eugene and Corvallis.
« on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:03 am »
Is there any interest in a central Oregon group ride before the season ends? I think it would be great to hit Aufderheide pass before the snow comes or ?? If anyone has anything already planned lmk.

Offline rachet

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB750 F2
Re: Salem, Eugene and Corvallis.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:23 am »
Hi PJ,

I'd be interested in a ride like that~ Is this what you had in mind? http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/2046944/

Next weekend I will be camping (the 5th, 6th, and 7th) so after that?  I could probably take a day off during the week if that's a better option.

Rachet~
But I need Tacos!  I need them or I will explode!

Offline PJ

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:43:18 pm »
Yep, that's the route. Have you ever ridden it? It is sweet. I have another couple guys that want to go also, we just have to come up with a date.

Offline rachet

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB750 F2
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:13:50 pm »
Found it by googling it, but no, I haven't made that ride yet. Let me know when and I should be able to make it.  Any idea of how long a ride it is?  I've only been on my bike for about an hour at a time so far, I'm pretty comfortable with the clubmans but I'm curious how an all day ride will feel!

Rachet~

Offline PJ

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »
About 4 hours starting in Eugene and finishing here. You could get some superbikes for the longer trips. I tried clubmans but couldn't hack it :P

Offline rachet

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB750 F2
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:46 pm »
an Hour is no big deal, and I bet I could handle two hours. . . three hours would certainly be a test. . . four hours is something to contemplate.  I have a set of Stock bars and I could always flip the clubmans over, that's how they were when I bought the bike, but I really like that "lean-in" feel of them.  Maybe I can break away for a "pre-run" test to see how long I can handle.

yes... "pre-run"...   ;)