Author Topic: Looking for an ace CB750 mechanic in the Dallas area  (Read 1029 times)

Offline gregwaits

• Hot Shot
  • Damn, riding a CB750 sure is fun!
    • waits music
Looking for an ace CB750 mechanic in the Dallas area
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:12:48 pm »
I have been taking my bike to a local guy, but I have no confidence in him anymore.

Does anyone in the D/FW area have any suggestions for a good guy that knows these bikes and won't charge a lot?

1978 CB750K8; 1970 CB450

Offline fastbroshi

• Puppet
  • Old Timer
Re: Looking for an ace CB750 mechanic in the Dallas area
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »
   These guys might be good Greg, I know they do work on old bikes.  Never had them do any work for me though.  They are close, over in Garland.
Just call me Timmaaaaay!!!

Offline gregwaits

• Hot Shot
    • waits music
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:19:46 pm »
Thanks. I was just afraid that since they work out of the store, they might be higher.

Worth a try I guess. They seem nice enough there.

Did you get to ride the bike today? I went to Starbucks and grabbed a paper. Got back in time to watch Tony Romo play like a scared rookie. Bad game, but entertaining.

1978 CB750K8; 1970 CB450

Offline fastbroshi

• Puppet
  • Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:32:39 pm »
  You bet I did.  Loads of fun, took it up the road and watched the first half at Chili's, then did some zipping around and head back to the house.  Had just enough light to go out for another ride after the game (God it was beautiful out), but I decided to change my throttle cables instead.  One of my originals was slightly frayed and I soldered it to get me by.  I was thinking about it while I was riding around, and I don't want to be one of THOSE new riders that has a wreck even before getting his license.
  Next up my attention is going to the forks, and I'll probably do the brake pads while I'm at it.  I'm so tempted to go dual disc as I've got 90% of the parts already,  but I want to get them sorted with one disc first.
  I wonder how many games have been lost in OT as a result of a blocked punt?

EDIT:  I could've swore I put a link in there, here it is again:

http://www.smkyscyclerepair.com/repair.aspx
Just call me Timmaaaaay!!!

Offline gregwaits

• Hot Shot
    • waits music
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:45:33 pm »
Thanks! That site looks very professional. I may drive over there tomorrow and see if they can give me an idea about what is making the bike run so ragged below 5 thou rpm.

It spits and barks when I let of the gas too. I was guessing it was running rich. I am sure these stock K8 carbs need to be gone through and synqued.
1978 CB750K8; 1970 CB450