Author Topic: makuni carbs or dcoe  (Read 1085 times)

ev0lution7

makuni carbs or dcoe
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:32:54 pm »
i was thinking about getting some mukuni's and running them on my Cb750 but i was wondering if anyone here is running them and if they like them over the PD carbs i sorta like my pd carbs but i have a chance to get some 29?s from a kaw and i seen that dynoman has some carb boots for the mukuni's and also were did you guys get your DCOE manafolds?

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
Re: makuni carbs or dcoe
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:49:19 pm »
i was thinking about getting some mukuni's and running them on my Cb750 but i was wondering if anyone here is running them and if they like them over the PD carbs i sorta like my pd carbs but i have a chance to get some 29?s from a kaw and i seen that dynoman has some carb boots for the mukuni's and also were did you guys get your DCOE manafolds?
[/quote/]

I've run both. The 29s were easy to set up, stock cables, reduced warmup time started with very little choke, idled and responded perfectly.  I used pod type aircleaners. On a 888cc streetbike which went 50k+ miles. Great gas mileage.

The Weber DCOE 40s were a bundle of compromises. Different throttle cable, A only, air cleaners hit my legs, I did get them dialed in pretty well with 32mm venturis IIRC, on a 750cc roadrace motor. Worked pretty well in the end. Manifold was a RC ENgineering product, no longer available unless used on eBay or such.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: makuni carbs or dcoe
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:53:10 pm »
Here is the baseline jetting for DCOE,s if any one need it.

for duals,
30mm venturis

Emulsion tubes F 11

Mains  135

Airjets   200

Idle jet red   

(think these were maybe made up by Magnuson, their info sheet is where I got this from.)
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way