Poll

Top end or Full rebuild?????????

????????
3 (75%)
!?!?!?!?!
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Engine Rebuild Questions?????  (Read 1135 times)

Engine Rebuild Questions?????
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »
Ok, new to this site but not to the CB world. Heres my question: I have a 71 750 and want to put in a big bore kit...but do i have to rebuild th entire eng.?? or just the top end? if just the top end what about the conecting rods, balancing the crank for the larger pistons, bareings, and so on... what i want to do with the bike is race it at the salt flats and see how fast the old girl will go...I live in S.W. Colorado and if any one know a good if not great engine builder would be sweet. your question and comments are welcome. thanks-mike

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Engine Rebuild Questions?????
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:46:17 pm »
Mike,

Loaded question buddy. The best answer I could give is "it all depends" or perhaps "one thing leads to another" or better yet "how much cash you got?" or even "how fast do you want to go?" or maybe "how long do you need the engine to last?"

Yes you can put in big pistons without going into the cases. You will see some improvement but no where near the potential you could have with a naturally aspirated 750+. Now for $3K+ you could pretty much do it all.

Where in SW CO are you? Contact Hondaman and make the trip to Denver. Read up on his posts and judge for yourself.

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Re: Engine Rebuild Questions?????
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:52:04 am »
Yea i guess that is a loaded question with an itchy trigger finger...where would i find this hondamann you speak of? I would like it to be street/strip/salt flat, built strong. It is the winter so time is no issue. I'm living in telluride, and is no problem making a trip to denver. Thanks for your help-mike