Author Topic: Lets see your SOHC bike out on the road!  (Read 618173 times)

Offline paulreade

Re: Lets see your SOHC bike out on the road!
« Reply #7300 on: January 08, 2019, 08:57:59 am »
Hi, it's actually a k6 dressed as a k2 ( just love the colour scheme and style of the tank - Yamiya ).
Regards
Paul

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #7301 on: January 08, 2019, 05:59:52 pm »
As about 99.9% of the snow has melted off, and we had a bit of a heatwave with a high temp of 61*, I decided to blow the cobwebs off the Seeley, or at least get all the oil out the sump and back into the oil tank. ;D Mostly putted around town, as well as going up into the foothills east of town until I ran out of pavement. When I was taking the pics, I saw a sundog, so I snapped a pic of it, too.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7302 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:41 am »
As about 99.9% of the snow has melted off, and we had a bit of a heatwave with a high temp of 61*, I decided to blow the cobwebs off the Seeley, or at least get all the oil out the sump and back into the oil tank. ;D Mostly putted around town, as well as going up into the foothills east of town until I ran out of pavement. When I was taking the pics, I saw a sundog, so I snapped a pic of it, too.

That looks fantastic Scott, I must try setting up the multi-spark ignition I've had in a box for many years, it was for an RC Suzuki GS1000 but from memory it'll work on a CB750. I love the view of that town too, reminds me of a doco I watched about where Evel Knievel grew up. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #7303 on: January 09, 2019, 03:38:11 am »

Oh yes, I could live in Arizona for a while.  Drove  Tombstone to Grand Canyon in 2013.

But what is a sundog?

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #7304 on: January 09, 2019, 03:41:28 am »
Ok, educated myself  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

But i like the name sun dog better than parhelium as it is called in Czech.  :D

Offline joeyvans

• Definitely not a
  • Hot Shot
  • God's Country, Earth
« Reply #7305 on: January 09, 2019, 04:01:52 am »
Ok, educated myself  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

But i like the name sun dog better than parhelium as it is called in Czech.  :D

We see them far too often in the winter months up here in Fargo. Seems to happen on a cold, bright day after fresh snowfall. But I digress. Wish I could post a pic of my SOHC on the road, but with the current wind chill of -21* F, I’d rather not take it out of the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1976 CB550 K2
Non-SOHC4 - 1974 CB450 K7

"No matter how much you shake and dance... the last three drops go in your pants."

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #7306 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:26 am »

That looks fantastic Scott, I must try setting up the multi-spark ignition I've had in a box for many years, it was for an RC Suzuki GS1000 but from memory it'll work on a CB750. I love the view of that town too, reminds me of a doco I watched about where Evel Knievel grew up. ;D

I had one on my GL1000 and was very happy with it. I wish I had switched back to points and kept the Gerex when I sold that bike.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F, '74 CB550k project bike, '77 CB550F basket case engine donor. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki 80 (K11 probably, it's been 30 years), '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline irish44395

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7307 on: January 13, 2019, 04:08:24 pm »
found a new mural near St Pete Beach

;
Honda