Author Topic: Bike acting Funny  (Read 710 times)

Offline cb650 bobber

• Expert I ain't no stinken
  • Expert
  • stupid gloripope
Bike acting Funny
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:20:12 am »
Well I took off the other day and the bike just stalled out on me pulled over and she wouldnt start. Ran home came back about half an hour later and the bike starts up on reserve tank so I figured my dumb ass ran out of gas even though I was pretty sure I had plenty. Pull in to the gas station. The bike only takes a gallon of gas. Think oh well it wasnt out of gas. So I turn it on and it shuts off right away ...put it on reserve and it is fine. So half way home turn it to regular tank works fine and then the next time I ride it is fine. Do you think this is vapor Lock or Dirt or what should I check out. Just want to fix whatevers up. Dont want to screw around when the real nice days get here.....
"I make a point of staying right at the edge of poverty. I don't have a pair of pants without a hole in them, and the only pair of boots I have are on my feet. I don't mess around with unnecessary stuff, so I don't need much money. Von Dutch

Offline stresssolutions

• 4 years on a motorcycle, Time Flies!
  • Enthusiast
  • 03 RoadStar, I miss my Honda
    • bloggy thoughts
Re: Bike acting Funny
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:50:44 am »
sounds like time to clean the tank and petcock.
Enjoying life, one day at a time.

Offline cb650 bobber

• Expert I ain't no stinken
  • Expert
  • stupid gloripope
Re: Bike acting Funny
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:45 am »
you think a cleaner or additive would do the trick maybe some seafoam. I have a glass inline filter so if it breaks anything big loose it wont get to the carbs.
"I make a point of staying right at the edge of poverty. I don't have a pair of pants without a hole in them, and the only pair of boots I have are on my feet. I don't mess around with unnecessary stuff, so I don't need much money. Von Dutch