Author Topic: For those of you who run inline fuel filters  (Read 32405 times)

masonryman

Re: For those of you who run inline fuel filters
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 05:45:22 pm »
I am going to construct a fuel tank out of inline fuel filters, but wait, what if i get something in the fuel line when I put it together. I am still going to run a inline filter in the fuel line as well

Mark ::)

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »
I am going to construct a fuel tank out of inline fuel filters, but wait, what if i get something in the fuel line when I put it together. I am still going to run a inline filter in the fuel line as well

Mark ::)

You're five pages too late.  I already had that idea back on page 1 of this thread, and it's patent pending, but I'll sell you the rights to use my design, for a hefty fee of course, if you'd like! ;D ;D

masonryman

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »
You know....... sometimes something pops in your head and you think it's your idea, but it's not ???

I humbly apologize, I won't be needing the rights to the patient at this time

MM

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 08:17:04 pm »
I just went ahead and did away with that pesky fuel tank and fuel lines and replaced it all with a huge, interconnected, glued-together  mass of in-line fuel filters.  I'm gonna have the cleanest gas in the entire world!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

It's a real #$%* filling up at the gas station, though. :-\

Yup, looks like Gordon preempted both of us with his integrated design.  <sigh>  Back to the drawing board!

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

billybobobrain

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:31 pm »
Here you go you inline fuel filter NUTS!

Just make the whole tank out of a fuel filter! It's NUTTY, CRAZY man!

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 07:34:30 am »
You know....... sometimes something pops in your head and you think it's your idea, but it's not ???

collective consciousness  ;) ;D
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline buffalogt750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 08:32:23 am »
Those incredible, astounding, super human Honda engineers (bow down now and begin worshipping). How dare anyone want to put an inline fuel filter on their SOHC Four Honda. Honda engineers and SOHC Fours were sent from the heavens above to save us all from having to modify (gag) our motorcycles. SOHC Four Hondas, just like the infallible engineers that designed them are perfect in every way. Modifying these amazing bikes is akin to drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Inline fuel filter? Next thing you know, you'll be putting PODS (puke a little in your mouth now) on your bike and we all know what will happen then. Damn! Seriously, I never imagined something as simple as an inline fuel filter would cause so much commotion. If you want a fuel filter, put a fuel filter on it. If you want pods, put pods. If you want to cafe your Honda, cafe it. If you want to chop it, chop it. Old Hondas are not sacred, they are meant to be fun. If your idea of fun is something a little different (or a lot different) from what your bike started as, then, by all means, go for it, and have fun. Just don't forget that an inline fuel filter will drastically lower the value of your quickly appreciating Honda Four!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:49:01 am by buffalogt750 »
1976 Honda CB550K   SOLD
1993 Ducati 750 SS
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:31 am »
collective consciousness  ;) ;D

"All your joke are belong to us!"
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 08:49:09 am »

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE....... 8)

billybobobrain

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:52 am »
Those incredible, astounding, super human Honda engineers (bow down now and begin worshipping). How dare anyone want to put an inline fuel filter on their SOHC Four Honda. Honda engineers and SOHC Fours were sent from the heavens above to save us all from having to modify (gag) our motorcycles. SOHC Four Hondas, just like the infallible engineers that designed them are perfect in every way. Modifying these amazing bikes is akin to drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Inline fuel filter? Next thing you know, you'll be putting PODS (puke a little in your mouth now) on your bike and we all know what will happen then. Damn! Seriously, I never imagined something as simple as an inline fuel filter would cause so much commotion. If you want a fuel filter, put a fuel filter on it. If you want pods, put pods. If you want to cafe your Honda, cafe it. If you want to chop it, chop it. Old Hondas are not sacred, they are meant to be fun. If your idea of fun is something a little different (or a lot different) from what your bike started as, then, by all means, go for it, and have fun. Just don't forget that an inline fuel filter will drastically lower the value of your quickly appreciating Honda Four!

Good sir, you have missed the point entirely.

Offline TwoTired

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 10:13:56 am »

When I wrote an over-the-top diatribe a few pages back, I at least put some smilies on it so the humor impaired would get a clue.  Some are more impaired than others, I guess, depending on ones core beliefs.

Apparently you're dead serious in your rant.  ???

I guess we need a Voice-of-Thunder emoticon.
Lloyd... (SOHC4 #11 Original Mail List)
72 500, 74 550, 75 550K, 75 550F, 76 550F, 77 550F X2, 78 550K, 77 750F X2, 78 750F, 79CX500, 85 700SC, GL1100

Those that learn from history are doomed to repeat it by those that don't learn from history.

Offline buffalogt750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:39 am »
I am dead serious about very little. If  I thought I needed to put smilie faces, I would have. Talk about humor impaired.
1976 Honda CB550K   SOLD
1993 Ducati 750 SS
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 11:06:09 am »

totally got the humor immediately.
totally appreciate the sarcasm.
totally agree!
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline buffalogt750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:37 am »
Thank you. At least it wasn't lost on everyone. When I read a humorous book, it isn't riddled with smilie faces.
1976 Honda CB550K   SOLD
1993 Ducati 750 SS
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2009, 11:14:27 am »
smileys are needed w/ your mom jokes and very dry humorous remarks... this was OBVIOUS sarcasm.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:31 am »
I am always amazed how topics so trivial can generate so much passion.  All this passion over a F**king filter and a piece of hose. Jeeze. >:(
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 11:38:11 am »
TwoTired lecturing on having a sense of humor...

Now THAT'S funny! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) ;) ;)

was that enough smileys?

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 11:43:12 am »

Hey TT - have you seen Eldar then....?
Ooops sorry wrong thread  ;D
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2009, 11:47:15 am »

Hey TT - have you seen Eldar then....?
Ooops sorry wrong thread  ;D

that would be the Voice-of-Thunder-Beyond Reason   ;D

masonryman

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 02:49:40 pm »
Thank you. At least it wasn't lost on everyone. When I read a humorous book, it isn't riddled with smilie faces.

I got it before I read the ones after, I swear

Offline cb350twin

• Hot Shot
    • http://mail.google.com/a/sohc4.net/
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 09:53:00 pm »
I,m having trouble running my fuel line. My old routing is on the pic on page one. I,m trying to route above the   rubber tube from the carb to the motor and through carbs 1 and 2, But coming from the peacock it's to much of a 90˚ angle. I think and would block fuel supply. I went to the auto store to they if they had a brass fitting of that's 90˚ and they didn't. Any suggestions? Can some one post a pic of how they route there's? It's the k5 so the peacock is on the left side.
1975 CB 750 K5
1972 CB 350 Twin K4
1972 CB 500 Four K1

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2009, 02:48:55 pm »
put a semi-stiff spring around your fuel line, it prevents the line from kinking off.  the 650 had one stock in the parts fiche for that very reason but one from Home Depot works just as well, it's just a little stiffer.
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline WFO

• Will work for powerbands
  • Expert
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2009, 03:01:39 pm »
put a semi-stiff spring around your fuel line, it prevents the line from kinking off.  the 650 had one stock in the parts fiche for that very reason but one from Home Depot works just as well, it's just a little stiffer.

Hows that 650 been treating you kit?
82 cb650 sc nighthawk - 78 kz 650 b

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2009, 03:07:54 pm »
I managed to just cut my gas supply tube and fit that really small filter straight on, have noticed no lack of fuel or motor power loss.
It is a true PITA to get the filter on the bottom bit of hose though unless you have your carbs off or only three fingers, I stretched out the inner part of the tube with a screw driver and then forced the little sucker on. :D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

masonryman

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »
I now have a $500.00 leaf blower due to the lack of an inline filter. The filter in the tank failed and the screen in the carb got plugged up to the point you could not even tell in was a screen. I started wit tank filter and fuel lines, cleaned the carb, missed the screen, I messed with that damn leaf blower all day before Removed the screen in the carb and poked a hole in it. Well 6 hours later it lives again, this time with a inline filter

Mark