Author Topic: CT70 Roadsport  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
    • My 550 walk around video
CT70 Roadsport
« on: April 06, 2009, 04:17:21 pm »
1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

A WORTHY EFFORT: http://www.honorflight.org.

Offline Dougy Dougy Dune Buggy

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
Re: CT70 Roadsport
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 07:53:35 am »
Ecosse...you're trippin me out Bro with those small bore hondas..kind of a cafe CT in a way
keep them coming!
Doug
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:50 pm »
hey d3b... 222 posts. i remember that show!

i have a gift of the obscure.  ::)
1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 02:30:14 pm »
Ecosse...you're checkin out that Honda50.com/Unicorn site...man some of those Modified Z50's are awesome
i had one bored out and with moto style bars & triple top clamp...i used to powerslide feet up while shifting, it was the funnest lil bike, then i had a buddy who wanted to join us at the Sunnyvale PAL track because his YZ125 siezed( i raced 125's at the time) so all we had was my hot rodded Z50...so we let him use it and he went and high-sided near a creek and drowned my Z50 in the water...he did'nt say he was sorry either..Jim Smith was his name and i'll never forget that 50..so much fun
Doug
p.s. i'm the black sheep of the family and also born on April 1st...too many things going against me
ha ha
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 03:01:15 pm »
i know the chinese knock offs are chintzy but for the bucks it might be fun to goof around with. beyond that, any real $$ goes to the 550.

a good friend of mine has her birthday on the 1st too. i think we tired out all the april fools jokes years ago.

the second one below is kinda neat! too bad they don't sell these here anymore.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:12:50 pm »
and now for something completely different.

1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:44 am »
THAT lil Monkey sounds like a hot rodded 550...saw that a while ago & thought it was a joke..WOW
Thanks
Doug
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Mail List Member #162 - Call me Stan
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 07:34:56 am »
I WANT ONE!!!!!
Go metric, every inch of the way!

CB350F0  "Scrouching Tiger"
CT70K0    "Sneezing Poodle"

www.alexandriaseaport.org

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:43 am »
from the pictures you'd swear it was a model. there's another video of the guy riding, with apparent ease, a wheelie for great distances on the highway. i wondered if this was the son of ghost rider.

the first one is a clean realistic one and the second is kinda nuts. dig the pipe though.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 09:08:44 am »
BTW: I realize I'm mixing up bike models here and on the other thread.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:41 am »
Ecosse...who cares if they're mixed up...stuff is FUN to look at
I'm enjoying the Crap out of it...ANYBODY got a problem?
Dint think so
Thanks,
Doug
p.s. my red model would look cool done similar to the hugger orange one..lOVE one of those pipes too!
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:20:44 am »
saw one of those Zmonkey ones in the top hat pic for sale on craigslist in Menlo Park Ca. for $550...GONE as soon as it posted..gotta be quick man
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:40:33 am »
i wish i had a money producing outlet for my apparent ocd.  ;D

remember that song by war?

the second one is actually kinda cool. but how fast, and good in corners, can these be?                   
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 12:06:12 pm »
I'm gonna haft to dig out the old cassettes and relisten for that song
YEAg i got the OCD myself..always thought if i won the lotto i'd buy some property and build a small TT track and buy a bunch of Z50's to race around
kinda like pre-pocket bike racing..i like the hot rodded CT's & Chaly's...i'm having fun now anyways...gotta get going on the red jalopy soon..thinkin lifan
150 c.c. would fit nicely
Thanks Ecosse
D
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 12:07:27 pm »
Duh...youtube
i'm a dummy
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 07:00:06 am »
Ecosse,
you should check out this guy named Randy Marble...check the navigation menu on the left and check out all the bikes he's had, restored etc..some really nice stuff there!
link:
http://www.marblesmotors.com/

Doug
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 12:31:32 am »
Great link!! I liked the gold/white 175... among others. Cool image of the Duke on a Honda. Gotta post that!

1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 12:39:54 am »
So clean.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 06:51:47 am »
I'm going thru a phase right now with small bore Hondas, i have found a couple of CB 400 Four Super Sports which'll probably be my next bike but MAN, all the nice examples of small hondas brings back a bunch of fun times..one thing is my in-Laws are showing up tomorrow and last time Pappa came into town i had a 550 i was going to redo...long story short, it was a pile of useless parts and way more money than i was willing to dump into it..my father in law restores
MG's and Harleys, Tractors etc..he saw that 550 sit for a couple 3 years and now when he shows up i've got the black and silver 69 to show off to him and the other 68 red one that is in waiting..brought my game back there Pappa..HOW ya like me NOW?? ha ha , anyhow..i know where a 1975 blue 400F Super Sport is in the next town over for $800 and it runs great and it's not going anywhere, it's not the red color i want but hey...next couple of months will be a time to rearrange the garage so the wife is more receptive to the blue 400!heh heh SHE is generally suportive of my OCD with Hondas but when i get abck to one runner and 4 projects she gives me the hairy eye ball! I'll snap a few shots of Pappa and me bench racing over the bikes this next 2 WEEKS!!! yikes
later
Doug
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline rachet

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB750 F2
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:52 am »
I haven't read any of this thread really ('cause I'm illiterate) just looked at the pictures, but Damn these are cool!

Rach-
But I need Tacos!  I need them or I will explode!

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 10:03:47 am »
I haven't read any of this thread really ('cause I'm illiterate) just looked at the pictures, but Damn these are cool!

Rach-

I'll help you rachet. See Jane run. See Dick run after Jane. See Dick buy a Honda. See Jane change her tune real fast. See Veronica. Dick sees Veronica. Veronica looks nice on that Honda with her little capri pants and Laura Petri look. Hubba hubba.

D3, Those 400f's are one of my favorites. Better get one soon as I think it's only a matter of time before their cult status makes them even more pricey.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 11:45:53 am »
yeah...i had a RED 1976 model 400F Super Sport....i had the whole motor gone thru by my personal friend & mechanic mike hunter, he was a real modest kind of quiet guy..but man talk about competitive..he held the #67 National plate for Superbikes(1000 cc) in 1985 and when he rebuilt the motor(he was a mechanic at Walnut Creek Honda) when i was working as a salesman selling Honda Bikes..anyhow he said "Don't baby this motor!" and i rode home doing 90 plus mph from work to home(12 miles) and wow...it shrieked! It had a Kerker, metzelers, fox shox in the rear, mike revalved my front forks also, i recovered the seat with a kit and replaced all the rivits around the rear of the seat..it was so smooth and fast..i raced my brother with his KZ650 from a rolling start and was 1.5 bike lengths ahead of him..he was mad because he had all these Yoshimura parts in his motor..i even got it up to 120 m.p.h. up in American Canyon, Ca.
before and i could have gone a bit more if there was more road! so..getting back to Mike Hunter, he lived in the hills of Oakland and on a sunday morning running to go get milk at the corner liquor/food mart in his Ford Pinto(he put all his money into bikes!) he went thru an intersection and was caught in the crossfire of a gang fight and was shot in the neck and died...very sad ending for such an awesome and generous guy..all the good ones go early i guess?!
Thanks for listening
Doug
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 11:56:09 am »
RIP, Mike Hunter.
1974 CB550K     

Your 1%er name

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 12:15:44 pm »
Thanks Eman....It's FRIDAY People
anyhow..here is one i thought i'd like to ride
Doug
[][/img]
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha

• Wrenchin Mofo
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 12:17:29 pm »
Fell in LOVE with this one...had a hot rodded z50 so there's a soft spot in my heart for them
[][/img]
I'm going to Cafe it
ONE DAY
ha ha