Author Topic: 2009 - Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the CB750 and the 15th Anniversary of t  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• SOHC/4 #3 - Member since 1994
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • The SOHC/4 Owners Group
2009 marks both the 40th anniversary of the CB750 and the 15th anniversary of the SOHC/4 Group.  This year, at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days July 24-26 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, we have the chance to celebrate.

The Classic Club this year is the CB750 Sand Cast Only Club.  As the name suggests, this is a group of sandcast 750 enthusiasts.  The SOHC/4 Club has been invited to participate with room under the Classic Club Tent for a table with information about our club and display space for bikes.

While the main event is the CB750 celebration, I'm hoping there is sufficient attendance from SOHC/4 members to turn this into the 2009 Gathering.

I've posted information from  Steve of the CB750 Sand Cast Club below that describes what they are looking for with regard to the CB750 display along with contact information should you desire to have your bike on display.

I'd like to poll the membership here and find out:

a) will you attend
b) do you have a bike you are willing to have put on display - what model/year
c) can you help organize this event

Now, as for the CB750 Club Tent, the tent will be 40' x 80' with electrical outlets. The display will have an overnight gaurd for security.  The goal is to have every year/model of sohc CB750 under the tent display, 1969-78. A machine for every year/model Honda manufactured is a total of 19 different machines. This includes 75-78F Super Sports, 1969-70 K0's, 77-78 K's, 76-78 A model Hondamatics and the early and late versions of the K1.  The tent display will also be open to competition bikes, cafe, chopper and customs.  Owners' whose bikes are on display are encouraged to have some type of sign by your bike.

If you want your bike(s) under the tent display, please email me at sandcast232@yahoo.com with pictures and year/model of your machine(s.) For now, machines which will be under the tent display will be on a first come basis.

With a 40' x 80' tent, it's not unrealistic to have a minimum of 30 machines on display, so if you want your bike under the tent, the sooner you let me know, the better for all. It would be great to use all the square footage of the tent !  Right now, we have eight owners with 11 bikes to display under the tent. (four sandcasts under vin of 400)

There is the possibility of us participating in a Club lap on the track Friday and a Club Parade Sunday. Let me know your thoughts. Participation in either event is at individual owner's discretion.

The tent needs to have signage - 1. Banners on tent sides, 2. Signs on the ground beside the tent. It would be fantastic if there anyone out there who has a sign making business who can contribute for free or for fee.  Let me know.

Another great part of this is that there is still reasonably good possibility Bob Hansen, age 90, from California, will attend.   Mark McGrew and Bob Jameson are planning to give presentations about the technical and historical aspects of the CB750.

There will be a panel to answer questions about CB750 machine details. What this panel will look like and who will be on the panel is not yet defined.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:01:15 am by Glenn Stauffer »

Offline volkswagendan

• Hot Shot
  • im a bit off the charts. sorry.
what??? nobody responded to this yet????
i cant wait to go to this event!  i think i might even ride there from the jersey shore.  anybody want to ride out with me??
i'll meet anyone from jersey, pa, or eastern ohio. 
also... ive never been to this before and would love some tips on where to stay and where to eat and drink.
don't take me too seriously.

Offline myhondas

• Not really such a
  • Expert
This is in multiple threads and is not running concurrent on the replys. Check other listings and you will see additional info.
1974 CB 750 K4 SHOWROOM
1974 CB 750 K4 IN PART-OUT PROCESS (my original bike)
1965 C100 CUB 50 (PIT BIKE)
1996 VF 750 CD daily rider
1983 VF 1100 V65 Magna in restoration process
SOHC# 5105 11228

Offline volkswagendan

• Hot Shot
  • im a bit off the charts. sorry.
This is in multiple threads and is not running concurrent on the replys. Check other listings and you will see additional info.
Thanks.  i just found another thread too. cant wait to see your bike there!
don't take me too seriously.

Offline myhondas

• Not really such a
  • Expert
Hey Volks,
Wow, it sounds like you have put together a great ride in for the AMD. Hope you can fill the 2nd rv. If you are going to ride out in front of the rv's, then I expect you plan to make it a two day trip. Driving my car, it took me 7.5 hrs to get to hakensack pushing 70+ most of the way. This will be my first time there also, but I don't have very far to go to get there. Plan to camp out for the weekend.
1974 CB 750 K4 SHOWROOM
1974 CB 750 K4 IN PART-OUT PROCESS (my original bike)
1965 C100 CUB 50 (PIT BIKE)
1996 VF 750 CD daily rider
1983 VF 1100 V65 Magna in restoration process
SOHC# 5105 11228