Author Topic: Stainless brake lines - CB350F  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Sparked

• Hot Shot
  • Cheaper then therapy
Stainless brake lines - CB350F
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:52:04 pm »
I was looking on bikebandit.com for replacement stainless brakelines for the front brake. What is the difference between the cheaper MSR lines vs. say the goodyear?  Also, how do I choose the proper lengths of brake line, is there any way to cross-reference the part numbers to honda's?
1972 CB350F
1982 CM450A
1961 Ford Falcon (time for four wheels)

Offline themotoworks

• addict
  • Enthusiast
    • roc city cafe racers
Re: Stainless brake lines - CB350F
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:04:00 am »
check out this guy, pampadori @ caferacer.net, he's got a thread under member products and makes these lines custom, if you need a specific length he can do them for you, I got mine and it's great
www.roccitycafe.com <- my sideline turned living

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:56:49 pm »
I went stainless and they are very good. I would suggest you rebuild your master cylinder or at least clean out any gunk in there. This way you will get the full benefit.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline OldSkool

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:11:00 pm »
Also make sure to check out Z1Enterprises.com they have an assortment of Goodridge brake lines and fittings, I was able to outfit my 550 with braided SS lines for the front for about $75 using the existing banjo bolts. Plus they are super helpful over there if you call with questions and shipping is super fast!

Good luck

Offline Sparked

• Hot Shot
  • Cheaper then therapy
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:17:28 pm »
Ok, I got the stainless line sorted out.  The industrial place I was going to try couldn't help me because they had nothing in stock that could stand up to the brake fluid.  But a hotrod speed shop in town set me up with banjo bolts, prefabed line (Ernie's) and lower JIC to -3 flared fitting. The tricky part I was running into was there aren't JIC to metric fittings available that I could find. I'm going to fix that issue by bending myself a new lower brake tube with a imperial fitting on one end to mate to the stainless line and a metric on the other for the brake caliper.  All said and done cost me $114 CDN.
1972 CB350F
1982 CM450A
1961 Ford Falcon (time for four wheels)