Author Topic: Engine rebuild advice  (Read 1241 times)

speedknot

Engine rebuild advice
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:34:31 am »
I' coming to the stage where I need to think about engine rebuilding.  The clock on my CB400F shows 9345miles.  I would love to just drop the engine off and have it done but after contacting a few "old Honda guys" in my area, they tell me just to clean it up and run it.  There are signs that the engine wasnt cared for too well.  For instance, the exhaust ports are clogged with carbon buildup, the head is leaking oil near the exhaust, and the overall condition of the cosmetics needs attention.  So obviously, after doing a full restore on the bike, Im not putting the old engine back in "as is".  This leads me to doing the engine work myself.  Can anyone recommend a good step by step, well illustrated manual for this task?  I know that the OEM Honda manual is available for download but the quality of the printouts are lacking.  I'd rather just buy a hardcopy of a manual.  Any other tips or ideas are welcomed.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Engine rebuild advice
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:55 pm »
When I was looking for my hard copy shop manual Honda told me to contact Helm, Inc.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)