Author Topic: ITS and KS title  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Ernest

ITS and KS title
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:14:00 am »
I was going to go with Broadwaytitle.com to get my 1974 CB750 a title but come to find out on their website:

"Due to changes in their title laws, we are unable to due titles in the following states. Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio, Washington under ANY circumstances. Please note, Laws change on a constant basis. So please check with us on any of the states listed. Please call for additional information."

I live in KS.  I guess Im going to try ITS but If Broadway cant then how could ITS be any different?

Anyone in KS ever used ITS?

Anyone know of another route if KS prevents an online company from issueing a title?

The bike was last titled in VA, I went to VA DMV site to check into a lost title but you need a the persons driver license # to get the order form.  I have the persons name I just can't get ahold of them.  what a bummer.

Offline hymodyne

• Expert
Re: ITS and KS title
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:24:08 am »
I used ITS this summer. applied in june and had a title by the end of july. I live in MA and the bike title that came back came from  GA.

hym
"All things are ready if our minds be so."

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:51:06 am »
ernest,find a trusting soul on this forum or elsewhere and have them get a title in their state then "sell" you the bike and have it put in your name in kansas.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Ernest

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:32:27 am »
Calling all trusting souls ;)

I called ITS and they laid it out for me.  Either they issue a tag in another state and send it to me, I drive on it for a year then reissue it in KS or I get a PO box in MO and they set up title and registration for MO.  I think the first option sounds better so I can eventually get a KS tag but a bit more expensive.

I'm in no hurry since winter is coming.  I plan on stripping the bike down and getting it all cleaned up for spring.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:17:48 am »
ernest,i wouldnt mind getting a virginia title for you.it costs about 70.00 to get a title done here.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:04:36 pm »
I got my title throug ITS this summer after seein that Broadway Title was unable by the moment. They sent me a Alabama title for my bike (to Spain). Can you believe that it costed me more to pay the notary for the affidavit than the actual ITS fees?

I'm rebuilding the bike during the winter, and hope that the spanish DMV will give me no trouble with it, but anyway, that wouldn't be an ITS issue. They did they work as they promised, quickly and with good communication, even when their website seems to haven't been updated for a while. Anyway, I would just call them first as I did, just to make sure they are still on operation.

The only thing that surprised me is that they are located in Vegas, but the title was issued in Alabama, titled to a company. The signature in the title is different from the signature in the bill of sale, don't ask me why. That will give me trouble with the DMV, so I guess I will simply make my own bill of sale...

Raul

Raul

Offline hahnda

• lskdfhs;dljksa;
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:11:10 pm »
If I get a title I never worry about a bill of sale. In our state when the seller signs the title the bike is now sold to you. If the name on the bill of sale differs from the title just get rid of the bill of sale unless you absolutely need it to register in your country.

Kevin
Kevin
CB750K4 in pieces
CB750K3 with F trim
CB750K7
CB500 Cafe Project
CB750 Cafe

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 02:42:05 pm »
Hi Kevin, what's up? Did you finally made that flower pot out of the gastank? HAHAHAHAHA

The spanish DMV needs a "proof of ownership". That generally means: a) An official document that states that the vehicle belongs to somebody. b) a private documente where owner sells the document to the buyer. Document a) is generally a title, wether spanish or foreign, as long as you supply an official translation and pay the import duties. That document alone is a proof of ownership, but not a proof of transaction.

In transactions between spanish citizens they ask to show them the original id cards (something like your driving license) to proof that both parties agree, even when only one do the paperwork at the clerk office. If the seller is foreigner they don't ask for that, as it would be impossible, but at least the signature in both documents should be "similar".

Raul

Offline Ernest

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 05:07:17 pm »
ernest,i wouldnt mind getting a virginia title for you.it costs about 70.00 to get a title done here.

That is awfully nice of you to offer and I'm sure there are a few who would vouch for you but I'm alittle apprehensive about sending a guy on the net money to do that.  I don't understand how you would even be able to do it if the title wasn't already in your name? Please explain if you don't mind.

I'm still working on hunting down the original owner in VA and hopefully it will only cost the $30 for him to get  a lost title replacment.

I guess I'm cool with ITS sending me an out of state tag I'm just worried how it will go the next year when I register it in KS. 

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 01:53:53 am »

That is awfully nice of you to offer and I'm sure there are a few who would vouch for you but I'm alittle apprehensive about sending a guy on the net money to do that. I don't understand how you would even be able to do it if the title wasn't already in your name? Please explain if you don't mind.

Yeah, you do well not trusting dusterdude. After all he is a newcomer to this forum with just about one thousand posts. ;D You are better off with ITS or whoever else. Actually they charge for their services so you will not be in debt with them as long as you pay their fees......

Raul

Offline Ernest

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 02:25:00 am »
I really hope I havn't offended dusterdude,  ofcourse I did note how long the guy must have been around with that many posts but It's just my luck all you oldtimers do this to newbies without titles for a laugh and then buy beer with your winnings.  Joking ofcourse. ;D  I really did just want the process explained a bit more.  I didn't say no thanks.

Offline mick750F

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 04:25:09 am »
I really hope I havn't offended dusterdude,  ofcourse I did note how long the guy must have been around with that many posts but It's just my luck all you oldtimers do this to newbies without titles for a laugh and then buy beer with your winnings.  Joking ofcourse. ;D  I really did just want the process explained a bit more.  I didn't say no thanks.

The only way to offend dusterdude is to mistake his bike for a K8...or his Mopar for a Ford. ;D ;D ;D

Mike
'
Glosta, MA
It's not the heat...it's the humanity.

Offline Dennis

• Hot Shot
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 07:22:16 am »

The only way to offend dusterdude is to mistake his bike for a K8...or his Mopar for a Ford. ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Mike
Why did you have to use that four letter "F" word here?
You know that some of us don't like that kind of language!   ;)

Offline mick750F

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 07:51:27 am »

Mike

Mike

Yeah, sorry. I know that word is apt to offend some people but I was just making a point. And, I'm a man without prejudice...unless I don't like something. ::)

Mike
'
Glosta, MA
It's not the heat...it's the humanity.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24:02 am »
thanks mick for getting my back,no offense taken.ernest,here`s how it works.if the po signed the title,which im not sure you even have a title.i take it to dmv and get it put in my name then i sign off on it and mail it to you.if you dont have a title,send me the vin info,then i go thru its or whomever and get the bill of sale info from them then i get a virginia title and then i sign off on it and mail it to you.now,whereabouts in virginia did this guy live? perhaps i can help you find him.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24:55 am »
or,give me the vin and ill go to dmv and have them run a check on the bike and at least make sure it isnt hot or have a lien on it.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Hotelman411

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 09:53:54 am »
Hi,
I live in KS and had a similiar problem. In the end I handed over all the documents I had to a paralegal in Augusta, KS and she processed the whole thing. It took several months.
You have to do it right or it will come back to bite you in the future.
Cheers
Charles

lohebohi

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 10:00:50 am »
The problem I ran into was that most MVAs on the east coast that I called (every state within 15 hours drive of MD) said they do not keep records after a certain amount of time.  Some places it is 5 years, others more.  If that bike was last titled a long time ago, you may have a lot of problems.  

This situation is an absolute nightmare.  I am going through it right now.  I bought my bike and the seller (not titleholder) handed me the title.  

In MD, the MVA will issue me a title and tags one of two ways.
1.  I hand them a signed title (which I misplaced).
2.  I hand them a court order from a judge instructing them to issue me a title.

admin question; what the hell is that 'marquee' option for?  Can that not be removed from the software that this forum runs on?

Someone posted about a paralegal they hired to process the paperwork.  This is essentially the function ITS performs.  They are really a paralegal service specializing in auto stuff.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 10:17:45 am »
The problem I ran into was that most MVAs on the east coast that I called (every state within 15 hours drive of MD) said they do not keep records after a certain amount of time.  Some places it is 5 years, others more.  If that bike was last titled a long time ago, you may have a lot of problems.  

This situation is an absolute nightmare.  I am going through it right now.  I bought my bike and the seller (not titleholder) handed me the title.  

In MD, the MVA will issue me a title and tags one of two ways.
1.  I hand them a signed title (which I misplaced).
2.  I hand them a court order from a judge instructing them to issue me a title.

admin question; what the hell is that 'marquee' option for?  Can that not be removed from the software that this forum runs on?

Someone posted about a paralegal they hired to process the paperwork.  This is essentially the function ITS performs.  They are really a paralegal service specializing in auto stuff.
   virginia is the same way,but i think its 10 years from last date of registration.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Ernest

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 11:16:24 am »
dusterdude, I sent you an email to see if you can get some info for me.

This has passed through a few hands who had the title from the original owner and never registered it.  It ends up in the midwest and just so happens that last guy who touched it lost the title.  I have all the original owners info (except phone #)  The registration
card was under the seat.  I have called VA dmv and the bike does not have a lein or is not stolen but only the title holder can get a new title.  It's just a matter of hunting him down before I go through a title service.

I've got time but I just want to make sure before I start on the bike that I will be able to ride it when it's done.
I just stumbled upon Carpy's cafe site last night and about lost it.   :o   I had no idea you could do that to this bike!

Offline Ernest

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 05:20:16 pm »
dusterdude saves the day!  I couldn't get the original owners phone # through VA whitepages online or through 411 information.  The number was unlisted as far as I could tell.  Dusterdude found it for me and I just got off the phone with the original owner.  VA has some good people, I just need to send him all the paper work, a copy of his old registration, a money order with a little extra for his time and he is going to get a title replacement for me. 

Thanks dude ;)

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 10:49:30 am »
you`re welcome,anytime.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Raul CB750K1

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 02:52:48 pm »
Yep, dusterdude is well know for being able to get you hard-to-find things through his network of, how can I say, relatives?

ditchen

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2005, 05:28:18 am »

Mike

Mike

So it is this "F"ord word ??