Author Topic: fitting Givi rack system  (Read 2766 times)

Offline tworiversuk

• cb750k7
fitting Givi rack system
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:33:42 am »
Hi guys,
thought I would pass on a tip for the fitting of a Givi back box. I had a V46 box taken off a bike I sold so decided to fit it to my cb750K7 , problem was Givi do not make arms for the rack for a bike as old as mine ,so after looking at every bike I could find with the Givi system fitted I decided to buy a set second hand and alter them to fit.I saw a set on EBay for £16 from a CB250 1994, thought they looked about right,when they arrived imagine my suprise, they only fitted straight on with only 2 holes needing opening out to 10mm on the supplied brackets, so a quick shotbalst and powder coat on on they went, the Givi V46 has 4 small reflector windows in the lid and Givi make a brake light to fit £39, another £16 spent on EBay and I had strip LEDS installed and no worries about bulbs blowing and as bright as hell, only need a small plug connector and the box can be removed at will, also fitted a £19 small wind screen to help with aerodynamics.
Life's just a box of chocolates

Offline Anti-Johnny

• 75 cb750k
  • Hot Shot
  • Poser
Re: fitting Givi rack system
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 07:05:28 am »
nice setup, where did you find the screen?
www.southaustinmotorcycles.com
 Come by and wrench and have a cold one while enjoying the wide array of rides and riders in Austin!

music