Author Topic: 34 minutes and out for the season  (Read 5755 times)

Offline B.O.X.N.I.F.E.

• The Stumped
  • Expert
Re: 34 minutes and out for the season
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:46 am »
Hey cafe2be,

Be careful what you post, you'd be amazed what lawyers can dig up. You obviously have monetary damages coming your way, but just about anything you put in writing can be manipulated by a good lawyer - weather it's yours or his.

And man, I'm really sorry to hear about it. Thank God you're alive!
1974 CB550

32 days and 5,536 miles on a CB550...

http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com/

and a couple years later, 38 days and 9,102 miles...

Forever West

... and all of it in a 4 mintue video

<a href="Not a valid vimeo URL">WWYY?[/url]

Offline XN

• Hot Shot
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 01:05:59 am »
Don't take a dime for any pain and suffering until your completely healed what ever that may be. I was in a serious car accident 2 months ago walked away with a broken leg, but someone else in the car was not so lucky and died. Find out what your rights are in your state.

Good luck on the road to recovery both the bike and yourself.
78 Honda CB750K
02 Yamaha V-star 650
02 Honda VTX 1800

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 04:34:46 am »
Man... I don't even know what to say. I'm glad you'll be okay, but that just sucks beyond measure...
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 04:41:42 am »
Sorry for your loss and pain mate, one thing the USA has going for it is the right to sue, here in NZ if the other guy is broke or has no insurance (and it ain't compulsory here) you get jack.
I had a bad shunting accident 20 years ago and damaged my back, it wont ever be as good as it was but hey you learn to live with your limitations.
Hope you are a good healer and your bike sounds like it might still have some road time in it yet.
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline cafe2be

• Hot Shot
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2009, 07:42:03 am »
Thank your guys for all of your help and encouragement.

I am in the process of rebuilding now. Just fixed the front end due to a crooked wheels. New points cover is on, Changed out the stator cover. Got the new part for my clip on. Need to find a set of GSXR rear sets. New mirrors are on.
Working on a tank that Shafti sent me. (great guy to deal with!) Thanks Shafti.
Fixiing the tail section.

Trying to figure out a paint color now. Not sure about the original sceme even though I like it. Picked up some paint chips from Home Depot yesterday.

Got white, flat black, flat navy blue and a olive drab green. Thoughts? Still plan to do the gold leaf.

Offline mlinder

• "Kitten Puncher"
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Stop Global Tilting now!
    • Moto Northwest
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2009, 07:45:24 am »
Olive green is a bad luck color for bikes. Any green is, unless it's a kawi.
Flat navy blue with gloss white highlights might be spiffy.
No.

Offline cafe2be

• Hot Shot
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 01:33:45 pm »
mlinder. I will gladly scratch green from the list. DO NOT NEED ANYMORE bad luck. Thanks for the point.

So did some more work today and got a couple things accomplished.
Took the old tank and sprayed half white to see if I liked it. not 100% What are your thoughts?

next was the aircraft seat. Did not like the X in the back of the seat. So I removed it. I know it probably for reinforcement. But I reinforced the crap out of it today with more glass. Prefer to have the flat back. Still needs sanding

next was the aircraft seat. Fit like crap with upholstry. So... I cut the hell out of it to make it just a flat cushion style.

Did some more sanding and smoothing to the new tank and headlight ring.

Last was the paint chips from HD. What color to you like?

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 02:09:48 pm »
I'd really like the white if it was Pearl White accented with the gold inlay.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline HondaMan

• Someone took this pic of me before I became a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ...not my choice, I was nicknamed...
    • Getting 'em Back on the Road
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2009, 08:28:22 pm »
I'd really like the white if it was Pearl White accented with the gold inlay.

+1...
...and black and silver pinstripes where your red ones are now...
Maybe put a Honda Wing on the gascap cover...
See SOHC4shop@gmail.com for info about the gadgets I make for these bikes.

The demons are repulsed when a man does good. Use that.
Blood is thicker than water, but motor oil is thicker yet...so, don't mess with my SOHC4, or I might have to hurt you.
Hondaman's creed: "Bikers are family. Treat them accordingly."

Link to Hondaman Ignition: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=67543.0

Link to My CB750 Book: https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=my+cb750+book

Link to website: www.SOHC4shop.com

Offline myhondas

• Not really such a
  • Expert
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »
Sorry to hear you've joined our club. It's called the "Unlucky to get hit by a cager, but lucky to be alive to #$%* about it group."  :( :'( >:(  ;) You are the third member so far. First was HavocTurbo, followed by yours truly and now you have just been inducted. Make sure you follow ALL the doc's instructions, ALL your lawyer's advice, and hang in there for the time being. You will ride again this summer and who knows, you may get your bike back on the road again or at the very least, another one to replace it.  ;D  HT has already gotten back on a bike again and I hope to try before the middle of June. The hardware is replaceable in most cases, but you are not. ;) Work on HEAL/MEND the body, and worry about the bike second. :)  I'm am just about to go from crutches to a cane and working with the insurance co's on getting bike repaired if possible. And as far as the 34 min. goes..... I got 1.5 blocks from home when I got my special delivery from FEDEX truck. Sh!t happens and you roll with it and move on. Just want to let you know that you are not alone here...we feel your pain and loss. Keep us advised on how you are doing and what is happening with everything. Take care and again...sorry for the unlucky moment.
1974 CB 750 K4 SHOWROOM
1974 CB 750 K4 IN PART-OUT PROCESS (my original bike)
1965 C100 CUB 50 (PIT BIKE)
1996 VF 750 CD daily rider
1983 VF 1100 V65 Magna in restoration process
SOHC# 5105 11228

Offline cafe2be

• Hot Shot
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 07:12:31 am »
Myhondas, I read your story. SOrry to hear that happened to you. As much as I am glad to be in the club with you and Havoc, have to be honest rather would be on the road. Like to say though sh!t happens. Learn, live and move on. Thankfully I was not severly hurt. Following the lawyer and drs. advise. PT and chiro 3x a week. Kind of a PITA! I am happy to hear your heeling is getting better.

Hondaman. ARE YOU READING MY MIND??? Seriously! I am going to the sticker shop this week to get a wing cut to fit the gas cap cover. Funny you say that.

I may stick with black on this bike, gold and red with a red wing on the cas cap cover. After looking at the tank and pictures. I am not really 100% on the white. And since EVERYTHING else is satin black, not sure how a pearl white would look on it. Going to take the tank with white back to the bike and mount it to see how it looks. Nice to have an extra tank and spray paint to give you an idea of color choice.

Cant thank you guys enough for the support. This site has really been great to me since joining. Definately BY FAR the most informative and helpful auto/bike forum I have ever been on.

THUMBS UP to you all!

Offline HondaMan

• Someone took this pic of me before I became a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ...not my choice, I was nicknamed...
    • Getting 'em Back on the Road
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:23 am »
Hondaman. ARE YOU READING MY MIND??? Seriously! I am going to the sticker shop this week to get a wing cut to fit the gas cap cover. Funny you say that.

I'm just psychlic.   :D
See SOHC4shop@gmail.com for info about the gadgets I make for these bikes.

The demons are repulsed when a man does good. Use that.
Blood is thicker than water, but motor oil is thicker yet...so, don't mess with my SOHC4, or I might have to hurt you.
Hondaman's creed: "Bikers are family. Treat them accordingly."

Link to Hondaman Ignition: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=67543.0

Link to My CB750 Book: https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=my+cb750+book

Link to website: www.SOHC4shop.com

Offline IHWillys

• Enthusiast
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 07:35:34 am »
I generally have liked only one style of white paint job and that is the one on my '79 RD400F.

Ken

Offline Geeto67

• A grumpy
  • Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 07:37:09 am »
white gold and red were mike hailwood's helmet colors in that configuration when he raced for honda in the 1960s. Just saying. Davida makes white/gold/red Hailwood replica although given your luck with bikes I would advise a full face instead.

never heard green is bad luck for bikes, I have owned plenty of green and blue green bikes and never had a lick of problems with any of them. Now medium blue bikes - those I have had bad luck with. Lots of bikes came from the factory painted green - honda cb750s (bacchus candy olive, freedom green), T500 suzukis (1970), kawasaki h1's (1973-74). AJS, triumph, etc...the list goes on. rustoleum makes a shiny (and fuel resistant) "Army Green" that is pretty tough looking. They also have a matte green in a similar shade but it is not a "stops rust" paint so I don't know how fuel proof it is.

Personally I think dark colors for bikes that don't have a lot of chrome are bad news in general. To a fast glancing cager you look more like an amorphis black blob than a bike heading in a specific direction.
Maintenance Matters Most

Offline cafe2be

• Hot Shot
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:01 am »
Geeto. Very valid point on all dark colors. Definately full face for me.

Found pics of mikes helmet. Pretty cool.
http://www.atlanticmoto.com/acatalog/SRSMHJL.jpg
http://www.surfsidepowersports.com/acatalog/SRSMHL.jpg