Author Topic: Oil tank hoses - CR750???  (Read 1486 times)

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
Oil tank hoses - CR750???
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:04:04 am »
So, in the final stages of tweaking and I am scratching my head over the oil tank connections to my aftermarket CR750 style oil tank. I have the obvious feed and return connections for the engine oil main lines 0 connected no problem. There's a drain plg on the side as expected.

That leaves me with one forward facing connector tube on the top of the tank, 13mm diameter and two rear facing connector tubes on the top of the tank - one 13mm one 10mm.

On the engine I have the top breater connector on the bak of the cam box which seems to face exactly the forward facing oil tank one and I've got the small crank beather just in front of the swingarm which seems to be about 8mm.

The question is, what connects to what?!  ;D

The tank came from mead speed and here' their pic of the same...
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline voxonda

• Master
Re: Oil tank hoses - CR750???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:43:00 am »
Hey LMP,

Looks to me the top breather is connected to the forward facing tube. The 'gearbox' breather to the 10 mm tube and the last rearwards facing 13 mm goes to the rear of the bike into the air. Although I have build a second catchtank beneath my seat with a filter.

Can't wait to see pic's of your bike.

Cheers, Rob
Better sorry for failing then for the lack of trying.

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:45:47 am »
Thaks Rob - that's kinda how I figured it should go, at least I have the top breather conencted already to the forward facing connector. I also have a separate catch tank underway. This could turn out to be the last part I need to complete the project but I'll take photos before then and post them up here - might even be this weekend!

Can you believe it....6 years and it's almost complete. What am I gonna do now?!
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:15 am »
Hey LMP,

Like with my Japauto replica, it seems like it will never really be finished. It's minor but sometimes even bigger changes that you want to do. When I first rode it I was pleased with it but a lot has been changed since that day. Thought that I would be happyu with a engine that was near standard but well 'tuned'. But since some of the guys past me on the track with 'ease', am building a faster engine now.

Rob

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:43 am »
Rob, good for you - so what are you doing with the new fast motor?
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 07:48:54 am »
Well do not want to go over de top, want to keep it in one piece but got it up to 850 now, some headwork to the chamber and the inlet. Lighter crank, camshaft, hd studs top and bottom. Looking for some CR's now. Got a good working four into one mega.
Working on another head now, maybe if the funds permit I ask Mike to take a look at it.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 05:54:57 pm »
Hi Simon and Rob, the one we had only had 1 to the front and 1 to the back.
The front one to the cam cover breather and the rear to air/catch tank.
Our gearbox breather went straight to the catch can but I don't surpose it would be a problem to hook it up to your second rear tube.
Doing it that way you would not need a catch tank as the oil tank itself would act as the catch tank.
I'm itching like hell to see this thing on the track. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:28:10 am »
Ha ha! well I have to see if it runs first Sam - it might be the most expensive firework I've ever bought :D

Plan is to show it at Stafford in October first and then maybe go out next season for a proper ride. The thing is my back is sooo bad now I can't see me ever being able to race this so it'll probably end up for sale at some point...oh well! ???
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE