Author Topic: Foreign Speedo Repair  (Read 1362 times)

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
Foreign Speedo Repair
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:32:16 am »
Hello: Years ago I found a completely original 68 CB77 SuperHawk in a lady's climate controlled storage room and was able to buy it. The Speedo/tach combo (both in same unit) was very erratic from condensation/rust/loss of lubrication. I found "Foreign Speedo Repair" probably thru the VJMC but I don't know for sure and Preston was able to recondition the unit for a fair price. That was many years ago.

They don't have a website, located in SanDiego, I called the number I had 619-298-5278 and Preston answered. So now my question was for my K1 gauges for my Phaedrus II project. he quoted me $80 Speedo and $75 tach to recondition (my needles bounce) and replace the faces if I supply the faces. He can supply faces but prices are pretty high thru his source.

So I'm likely to give them another try as I can't do it all and I've never done gauges.  

But, I do need some K1 face templates to get the holes for the idiot lite spacing as I may have a source otherwise. Anyone have such a template they could offer for me to use?

PS: Just got a call, my powdercoating (frame and misc) is done! Yay!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:35:15 am by MCRider »
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline Industrial Rat400f Killer

• Be careful you might get a
  • Expert
Re: Foreign Speedo Repair
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:44:28 am »
Sorry I can't help but thanks for the gauge source I've been wanting to have the gauges on my wife's 350 redone and now I now where. ;D