Author Topic: Guliari seats  (Read 1764 times)

Offline fastbroshi

• Puppet
  • Old Timer
Guliari seats
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »
Ladies and Germs,

I just sent an email to Ted, Nippon's business associate, for details as to if the Guliari seats are now available for the 550's.  He responded:

Hi Tim,

I'm working on the K2-K6 CB550 seat now. Can you check to see if that model
will fit a '77-'78K CB550? Without my having a frame and tank, I can't
advise you on fitment at this time.

Please let me know if you find out anything. Call if you like.

Thanks,

Ted

Can anyone confirm this?  Also, the upper sections of the frames throughout the year range of the bikes are identical regardless if it's an F or K, correct?  Edit:  Details on tank/seat interchangability would be appreciated.
Just call me Timmaaaaay!!!

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
    • My 550 walk around video
Re: Guliari seats
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:03:49 pm »
i'd like to know similarly what the seat interchangeability among the 550's is. wouldn't mind his seat on my bike.

that came out wrong.
1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

A WORTHY EFFORT: http://www.honorflight.org.

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:26:28 pm »

In the same vein, right now I'm working on a customer's 1978 CB750F and I have a '76 chassis and tank here as well. So I'm trying to find out if the Giuliari-style base can be fitted to the full range of CB750F models as well.

Any knowledge/experience with seat interchangability across the product line: CB750, CB500/550, CB400, F's an K's of each line would be more than helpful.

BTW, does ANYONE know if the '77-'78 CB750F upper chassis is the same as the '77-'78 CB750K?  Thanks!  Ted aka Ricky Racer   8)
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline DaytonGuy

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »
All I know is that Honda flipped the hinge and lock mechanism on the 77-78 models....why, I have no idea.  If his Guiliari style seats use the stock attachment points they will not work for the 77-78's.  He will need to flip the hinge and lock to the opposite sides.

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 07:03:05 pm »

Thanks, Dayton. I must have been sleeping with I made the last post. The 77-78 K and F seat hinges are completely different. No joy there.  

I'll just have to keep researching the other models...  RR

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:05:08 pm by Ricky_Racer »
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline UnCrash

• Pass
  • Master
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:26:45 pm »
RR, I believe that the F2/3 tank is longer than the K which would change the  mounting points as well.
You can't make too much popcorn, but you can definately eat too much popcorn.