Author Topic: The Long Road I've Traveled  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
Re: The Long Road I've Traveled
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 12:25:50 pm »
wow thanx alot guys ,, and thanx for sharing Goon, sounds like you also have had quite a journey .. 

it's funny ... at the time i never really cared about the coins.  To me, they just reminded me that i was in this messed up situation, witch made it harder mentally to keep pushing forward ...

now that i have come this far .....    i kinda want the coin...   i think they stop at five years, but i don't have any of them....   i don't even know how to get it anymore  ;D ;D 

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 12:55:45 pm »
I am proud of you Spike and Goon.  It must not have been easy.
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline tramp

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 02:48:37 pm »
be proud
thats one long hard walk
1974 750k

Offline Hope

• How did I become an
  • Expert
  • SOHC member since '01
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 07:43:59 pm »
...and our headlines and media are so worried about Michael Jackson when real life is going on everywhere around us....

Individuals make landmark accomplishments every day that don't make the headlines.

I'm sick of Michael Jackson and the media overplaying his value in our society...  especially when individual stories like yours are the ones that people can really relate to and impact people's lives.

Thanks for sharing your story, Spikeybike, and congratulations on your 6 years.

Offline jtb

• An unlikely
  • Expert
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 04:40:15 pm »
On to 7, Spikey...  I am proud to know you.
1977 CB750F
1985 V65 Sabre
1986 VFR 750 (gone but missed greatly)

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 11:39:22 pm »
congrats on 6 clean years spikey! i know how hard it is, and how easy it is to relapse.  >:(
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 01:04:27 am »
congrats Spikey, Goon and everyone who've summoned up the courage and strength to break away from addicting, deadly drugs. I see in my job how that stuff destroys lives and families. It can be a living nightmare. You did good, guys.  8)
1969 CL350 Scrambler... almost done!!! Well, until something else goes wrong. :)
2006 HD 883 Sportster, stock. No use changing it, it's still gonna be a Harley.

Offline goon 1492

• Sucka Repellant
  • Master
  • RIGHT ON TO THE REAL AND DEATH TO THE FAKERS
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 07:03:25 am »

I too am proud to know you  8) , and I am not meaning to thread hijack with my earlier reply of my own trials. I know there is many more people here too that have their own stories of thier own trials but its a tough subject to share purly on a judgemental basis, I figured my sharing would help spikey see he is not alone. :) and help others
We are not humans going thru a spiritual experience...
We are spirits going thru a human experience....

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:42 am »

I too am proud to know you  8) , and I am not meaning to thread hijack with my earlier reply of my own trials. I know there is many more people here too that have their own stories of thier own trials but its a tough subject to share purly on a judgemental basis, I figured my sharing would help spikey see he is not alone. :) and help others
There may some on here that have started down that hill you fellows seem to have climbed back up. Maybe yoiur stories will inspire them to grab a handful of brake before they go too far down.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Industrial Rat400f Killer

• Be careful you might get a
  • Expert
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 09:07:21 am »
wow thanx alot guys ,, and thanx for sharing Goon, sounds like you also have had quite a journey .. 

it's funny ... at the time i never really cared about the coins.  To me, they just reminded me that i was in this messed up situation, witch made it harder mentally to keep pushing forward ...

now that i have come this far .....    i kinda want the coin...   i think they stop at five years, but i don't have any of them....   i don't even know how to get it anymore  ;D ;D 

You got to a meeting and announce your time. If you call your sponsor ahead of time and tell him what you're up to he'll bring you a coin and give it to you at the meeting.
I just picked up a 10 year one last week.
Congrats and keep it up.

Offline mrblasty

• Expertly
  • Expert
  • I can bunny hop my 750 #$%*es
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 11:14:39 am »
Wow, Congratulations.  I've seen first hand how heroin steels a person from family and friends.  My younger brother, my oldest friend, while still alive has been lost to the drug.  Thank you for stepping up for you son.  Sincerely.   
I farted and made my son cry.
1973 Honda CB 750
1975 GL 1000
1975 Yamaha XS650 The Swamp Donkey