Author Topic: I Got Caught  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Calflash

I Got Caught
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:59:38 am »
Don't leave parts in the dishwasher for your lady to find :( :( :( :(
Calflash
US Army
Nam 66-67
80 CB650

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
Re: I Got Caught
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:23:14 am »
I made sure to take the battery tray out of the dishwasher before my wife got home the other night.
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

rhos1355

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 10:42:46 am »
Left a recently painted rear wheel hub in the oven on 'high' to answer the 'phone. Christ that stuff stinks :D :D She did not think it was funny....................at all!!

poomwah

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 01:13:31 pm »
my wifes been talking about getting a knew oven :]  that means I'll get the old one for the garage :]

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:45:20 pm »
I was boiling some carb jets on the stove the other night and my wife asked me WTF I was doing.  ;D  She obviously doesn't see me doing much in the kitchen.  :P

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:57:31 pm »
I was told if I ever got caught doing something like that in the kitchen...i wouldnt be doing it ever again....ANYWHERE!  ;D
God created man...Winchester and a baseball bat made then equal. Evel Knievel

Offline moham

• .fnord.
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:58 pm »
I guess I'm lucky my wife can't cook for shyte...
78 750K-The Ocho
74 550-The Cherry Picker
70 750K0 motor-Dick in a Box

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:22 pm »
Hilarious thread guys!  ;D
You'd think we were cheating or something.

FJ
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline indyracer

• My side job from my day job...security and video systems design
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:57 pm »
Lol..what a great thread. I told my wife we needed lemon juice the other night grocery shopping and she replied, "no, we have lemon juice in the fridge." I replied that I needed a "big" bottle to soak the carbs in and she just rolled her eyes and said, "Me and that bike are not going to get along."

Electrical Engineer by day
Bike tinker'er by night

rhos1355

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 02:49:45 am »
Lol..what a great thread. I told my wife we needed lemon juice the other night grocery shopping and she replied, "no, we have lemon juice in the fridge." I replied that I needed a "big" bottle to soak the carbs in and she just rolled her eyes and said, "Me and that bike are not going to get along."

They just don't get it, do they? I was gonna buy a Triumph Bonnie last year, and she said what do you need another bike for? You can only ride them one at a time? To which I answered; what do you need 12 handbags for? You can only.........(didn't get to the end of the sentence) ;D ;D

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 03:39:03 am »
Step daughter is moving out soon, the nice cozy carpeted end of the shed which has been converted into a sleep-out will become vacant.
My partner said "what shall we put in there now"?
Of course I said "bikes"...............yes I know go sleep on the couch. ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:10 am »

They just don't get it, do they? I was gonna buy a Triumph Bonnie last year, and she said what do you need another bike for? You can only ride them one at a time? To which I answered; what do you need 12 handbags for? You can only.........(didn't get to the end of the sentence) ;D ;D

You know I had that same argument about trucks...except it was with the old ladys mother instead. Amazing how others get into the act too.
God created man...Winchester and a baseball bat made then equal. Evel Knievel

Offline Toxic

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 04:52:49 am »
My girlfriend is used to seeing stuff like this when she comes over.  If we lived together it might be different.  Great way to cure paint

Offline Blasbo

• Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:47 pm »
I knew my wife was a keeper when she didn't get mad when I rebuilt my Dodge P/U carb on the kitchen table!

Offline Laminar

• Retsam
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:22:27 pm »

Love it.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 02:29:04 pm »
Don't have a wife so don't have a problem. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »
I cured the problem, bought her a bike too now she can be seen boiling fork legs on the stove top as well. ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

andy1976

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:12 pm »
I cured the problem, bought her a bike too now she can be seen boiling fork legs on the stove top as well.

I did the exact same mate. Now that she's sortin out Her own bike isn't the problem, She's pinched most of my tools the b!t$h

poomwah

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 09:42:55 pm »
I cured the problem, bought her a bike too now she can be seen boiling fork legs on the stove top as well. ;D

excellent solution, my wife doesn't have one yet, but will be getting it soon (hopefully)  so now she is a LOT more understanding of the mess, AND the expense :]

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 05:31:13 am »
Wife came home from grocery shopping last winter to find a crankcase on the kitchen table where I'd been taking pics of it.  She smiled and said it reminded her of when we were dating lol.

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

Offline Calflash

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 03:37:09 pm »
Wife came home from grocery shopping last winter to find a crankcase on the kitchen table where I'd been taking pics of it.  She smiled and said it reminded her of when we were dating lol.

mystic_1

I reminded mine of the coffee table with a tranny from a 69 HD and the rest of the bike all over the apartment.
Calflash
US Army
Nam 66-67
80 CB650

Offline Motoguy23

• Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 04:21:52 pm »
My roommates were cool with the fact that while they were doing homework at the table, I was lapping valves, and cleaning carbs.  I told them that since I'm going to tech school to be a mechanic, (diesel mechanic but I still love tinkering around with these weedwacker motors ;)) that it was like my homework.
All glory to the hypno-toad.